Chapter twelve

Chapter twelve•

The sun, a ball of hot fire rose as a canopy of gold, brightly shining amid the blanket of blue as the moon and the stars vanished to take their daily rest, promising to return by the time sun sets

The sun, a ball of hot fire rose as a canopy of gold, brightly shining amid the blanket of blue as the moon and the stars vanished to take their daily rest, promising to return by the time sun sets. The sun sent shimmering beams of warm rays over the dark castle. It was a subtle way to welcome a new day, perhaps a new beginning. Soon the sky exploded with beautiful colours. It was as if someone saw heaven for a split second before it vanished into the blue.

A small smile rested on Jimin's lips all the time as he watched the sky, now complete blue with spots of cotton candy white. He felt the peace as it became eternal, loosing himself in the morning view.

"Awake so early," someone voiced from behind. It was more like a statement than a question, but Jimin decided to answer despite not wanting to talk at the moment.

"Yes, I love waking up to see the dawn." He didn't lift his head as the person sat next to him, shifting comfortably on the dry grass.

For the next few minutes silence filled the air. Both of their lips carried a smile, just enough to show that they were enjoying each other's presence, still lost in the moment of the morning. The cool wind brushed past them, dancing in their hair.

"Where will we go next? Namjoon didn't say anything last night, did he?" finally spoke Jimin, breaking the once calmed silence. His voice remained warm yet very sweet for he was still in a daze. "And, you're worried about your sister, aren't you?"

The brunet stayed quiet for a few seconds. He pursed his lips into a thin line, wondering how he could answer of Jimin's question which one of them he wasn't sure of. Of course, Taehyung was more than worried for his sister.

He was scared.

At the beginning it seemed so much fun. To be hyped up about the upcoming journey, to see what would happen next despite knowing the future. He knew nothing would happen to him or his sister, because they were just visitors from the time ahead.
Then, after what happened last night, Taehyung realised that playing with time was a dangerous action to do. From then on everything bright turned cold, like a winter taking over a summer's day.

All he wanted now was to go back home, where he and his sister remained safe without encountering any vampires, demons or a cursed prince. As selfish as it may sound, he had no choice but to put his own sister's safety first.

After all, she was his own blood.

He wanted to rant, to complain about this world of time, to finally lift off the weigh from his shoulders, but at the moment he couldn't. They were already stuck in this mess.