Epilogue

"I..." The prince, no, the male who once held that title, whispered to his friend. "I want to go back."

His friend, Jungkook bit back his tears as he kept his eyes on his book, not daring to meet Jimin's eyes which held thousands of mixed emotions. He too, wanted to go back to his world, to his kingdom, to his beloved mother. But it was too late. The time changed and Y/N reversed it all, destroying the balance between the past and the present, causing a greater loss than what they had won.

Of course, Jimin's heart was cured but it doesn't mean he get to live happily ever after like in the fairy tales.

Once upon a time he was a fairy tale prince. Long time ago when mythical beings existed, Park Jimin ruled his kingdom with his father with a goal set in his mind.

To protect his people.

Well, he failed.

And that broke his newly cured heart.

He left his world alongside his six other friends, leaving his people to suffer alone in the past. Time grew cruel as each and one of those mythical beings disappeared, except for humans, the only non magical beings that were left on earth.

He understood the price that came with a cured heart. To get something utterly impossible, he had to sacrifice something very important. He wished for love and warmth, but he wasn't aware that they were already given to him by thousands of his people, his friends and lastly, his father.

But he lost almost all of them.

Love doesn't always give you happiness. Neither does it always put you in pain. You have to feel both in order to receive love.

"We all do." Jungkook sighed and stared at the wall, imagining a pair of wings on his back. He lost them as soon as he got them.

His pair of wings were his pride. His honorable achievements. 

"I know we only acted like we were doing fine in front of Y/N." Jungkook's voice trembled. He raised his hands to his hands and wiped a tear. "But I'm sorry, I can't forgive her. It's not her fault but somehow...I don't want to act like I'm okay."

"I am not okay, Jimin and that's the truth."

Jungkook's last few words shattered Jimin's heart once again. The boy stood up to leave his friend alone but he stopped in front of the door before saying, "If it makes you feel better, I will tell her the truth. Rest for a while and I'll take you to a PC café tonight."

Y/N was waiting for Jimin under an apple tree with a rose in her hands.

She had finally collected the last bits of her courage to confess.

But when Jimin had arrived, she hid the rose behind her back, fear taking over her mind.

"So...what's up?" She asked, "Why did you ask me to come here?"

"Do you still love me, Kim Y/N?"

His straightfordness surprised her, leaving the girl speechless. She tightened her grip around the rose and nodded, her eyes not leaving his. "I still do."

Even if guilt was eating him up alive, Jimin had to say the truth before he led her on towards somewhere completely artificial. "I...I don't think I can return those feelings, Y/N."

The disappointment in her eyes was what he had feared. He didn't want her to be upset. "I am aware that I can finally love, but all the feelings I am feeling right now is giving me no rest and I...I still need time to heal from what happened. All of us do."

Y/N knew who he meant. She didn't have a clue on what was happening in their minds and now, she finally understood. "I...I'm going back to Korea next month. After winning this competition and moving to Japan has got me all worked up and tired...haha. I hope you create good memories here, with my brother."

Jimin could only painfully smile as the girl took a step backwards, eventually leaving him alone. A single rose lay on the ground, crushed, just like her heart.

Well, happy endings don't always exist in every fairy tale. Especially when the reality hits you like a truck. All we can do is accept it and move on, even if it may leave a scar or a painful memory, life still goes on.

●●●
I wasn't expecting this ending either. Everything is taking me by surprise to the point idek anymore lul.

The ending really disappointed me and i had something big planned for this book but i lost my plot paper thing and i had to improvise. I hope you still like it and i'm sorry for the trashy ending :(