Scone Date [England X Reader]

~Background~

You were the European nation of (Country Name), a country with a long but relatively unknown history. Your nation became an official country in the 1700's. Around that time, many countries in Europe were forming too. You were very sociable and got along with pretty much every country born around you. As with most childhood friends though, you grew apart from a lot of your best friends. You are still friends with them today, just not as close and up to date with one another. But there was one childhood friend that you always remained close with to this day, and that friend was England. You had developed feelings for England over the years you've gotten to know him. You didn't know it, but England has had a crush on you for a long time too now.

~England's POV~

I'm really excited and nervous for today. I am going to hang out with my childhood best friend (Country Name) and I'm going to confess my feelings for her tonight at dinner. It's all those two bloody wankers' faults. America and France are forcing me to confess my feelings for (Country Name) tonight, otherwise they are going to tell her for me and that would completely ruin it. I don't trust the method they have planned. They didn't say how they'd tell her, but they had devilish smirks on their faces so I bet it's going to be very embarrassing for me. Huh, that's odd. She said to meet me at the park entrance at noon sharp. It's 12:02 pm and she's nowhere in sight. I wonder if Flying Mint Bunny has seen her.

~End of England's POV~

You arrived at the park a little early so you could hide in the berry bushes by the park entrance to scare the scones out of England. You used to do that a lot to him when you were kids, but gradually slowed down the scare attacks as you got older to the point where it seemed like you grew out of it. But no, you were just planning the perfect time for the next scare. A couple minutes after 12:00, you heard England's voice.

"Flying Mint Bunny, have you seen (Country Name) anywhere?" England asked the minty green-colored bunny with wings flying near him.

"No, but I'll go search for her." Flying Mint Bunny said in his high pitched voice before he flew off to go looking for you. You couldn't help but giggle a little which caught the little airborne bunny's attention. Yes, you could see Flying Mint Bunny and all of England's fairy tale friends. Before Flying Mint Bunny could say anything to England, you peaked your head slightly out of the bushes and placed your finger over your mouth.

"Shhh! I'm going to scare England. Don't tell him I'm here." You told Flying Mint Bunny who nodded his head as a devious smirk spread across his face. He flew back to England and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Nope, I can't find her anywhere. Anyways while we're waiting for her, how about we pick some berries. Isn't (Country Name) going to teach you how to properly make wild berry scones today?" Flying Mint Bunny said in his adorable high pitched voice as he flew over to the berry bushes where you were hiding and pointed at them.

"Yeah I guess that would be a good pass time until she gets here." England agreed as he approached the berry bushes and started picking ripe berries. Just then, you grabbed England's hand as he reached for another berry near you and popped out of the bushes.

"Boo!" You yelled and let go of England's hand as he screamed and stumbled backwards and fell onto his ass, dropping all the berries he had picked which wasn't very many.

"Bloody hell (Country Name)! You scared the scones right out of me!" England yelled as you approached him and helped him get up to his feet, smiling brightly and mischievously.

"Hehehe. Remind you of the old days?" You said as you folded your hands together. England brushed himself off and started to pick up the berries he dropped as you helped him.

"A little too much. I thought you grew out of that." England chuckled as you laughed at his response.

"You know I love your reaction when I startle you. You're so cute and adorable when you freak out like that." You said, poking England on the nose as he blushed a little from you calling him cute and adorable.

"Anyways, let's pick some more berries then go to your house so I can teach you how to make delicious wild berry scones." You said as you went back to the bush you were hiding in earlier and started picking berries. After you and England had picked enough berries, you both headed over to his house to start the scone making process. You showed England how to make the scones and put them into the oven. You and England chatted for a bit while the scones were baking. When the timer went off, you pulled the scones out of the oven. They turned out perfectly and smelled delicious. England looked at your scones with jealousy.

"Why is it every time I try to make scones, they always turn out so bad? Your scones always turn out perfect and delicious. I think everyone would have a different opinion of scones if they had yours instead of mine. I ruined the scone's reputation." England said as he hung his head low. You went over to England and put your arm around him.

"Aww it's okay England. I'm sure all you need is a little practice. I'll be your coach and help you become the world's best scone baker and fix the scone's reputation." You said as you smiled and patted England on the back.

"Heh, so you admit that I ruined the scone's reputation." England said teasingly. You laughed for a little while then collected yourself together.

"Hey hey now. I said I'd help you become the world's best scone baker." You said as England just smiled at you appreciatively. You then got everything ready for a second batch of scones. It was England's turn to make scones as you guided him through the process. After England had finished preparing his scones, he put them in the oven to bake and you set the timer. The two of you chatted again while the scones baked. When the timer went off, England rushed to the oven to pull out his scones. For once, they weren't burnt and actually looked and smelled delicious.

"Well done England! See? All you needed was a good recipe and a little practice." You praised England as he wiped the sweat off his brow and sighed of relief.

"Thank you. They actually seem edible this time." England said as he chuckled in surprise.

"Yeah. Hey let's go out to eat now. All this scone making has made me hungry." You said as England nodded in agreement and the two of you headed out to the fancy local restaurant that America and France suggested England take you to. When you got there, the hostess sat you two at a booth and a waiter came up to your table and you guys ordered your drinks. The waiter then left the table to get your drinks. Shortly after, he came back with your drinks and was ready to take your orders.

"We have a great deal on the entire menu just for couples here just so you know." The waiter said as he winked at the two of you. England cursed at France and America under his breath as you blushed a little at the thought of you and England as an official couple.

'Those bloody wankers!' England thought to himself.

"Thank you sir. In that case, we'll do the couple's deal." England said as he looked at you for you to order your food first which you did. Then England ordered his meal and the waiter took your menus and left. You looked at England with a confused look on your face.

"(f/n) there's something I want to tell you." England said as he gently grabbed your hands in his, blushing slightly as he did. You blushed as well because you had a feeling you knew what he was going to say.

"I've loved you for quite a while now. And I was wondering if you would become my girlfriend." England said as he bashfully averted his gaze to the side.

"Of course I will Arthur! I've loved you for a long time too." You said as you squeezed his hands lightly and leaned in to kiss him. England gladly kissed you back. He was so happy that you had accepted his confession. You were delighted that the man you loved since you both were young had finally confessed to you.

~END OF STORY 11~

Thanks for reading "Scone Date" my England X Reader fan fiction! This the 11th story of my Hetalia X Reader Short Stories collection. I just love the part where the reader scares the scones out of England towards the beginning!