Chapter 37

With no fixed destination in mind, and no one to turn to for help, I decided to find a place to relax myself. That was when the idea of going to the pub Ola took me to, crossed my mind.

After that first day he took me there, I had hoped we could relive the experience of going there a second time. But it never happened. 

Now here I was, going there on my own. It was going to be hard sitting all alone without him beside me. I would be lonely, but nevertheless, it didn't bother me. All I wanted was a place to relax and think of what to do next.

I got there and parked my car and went in. It wasn't crowded and so I was able to find a quiet place in the corner, to sit down. When the waiter saw me, he came up to me and asked me what I wanted to drink. I told him what I wanted, and he brought it to me. I relaxed myself and started to drink. 

The music playing at that hour of the day was quite soothing. I looked at the time, it was close to 7 pm. Soon dinner will be ready, I told myself. I had told my parents I would be back by dinner time, but I felt a little reluctant to go home.

Sitting down drinking and listening to the music that was playing. It made me  think back at the last time I came here with Ola. We sat down and he had placed his hands around my shoulders. I closed my eyes and tried to reconnect with that moment. It felt good and for once, I felt like he was truly with me. Then I suddenly opened my eyes and looked around. 

He wasn't there. Instead, I saw a man dressed in a white suit smiling down at me. I looked into his eyes and saw a glitter. It felt like a blinding light. I quickly sat up straight and adjusted myself.

"May I sit?" He asked me. I frowned at this unusual request from the strange man. But before I could say anything, he had already sat down.

"I haven't told you I need company." I replied looking at him.

"I know."

"So why are you sitting?"

"I just felt I could keep you company." He said, smiling at me.

"Excuse me, sir, but I do have a right to my own privacy."

"I know that. But it's not what you want."

"What?"

"You don't want to be alone." He said, shaking his head. I could only laugh. 

"And besides, such a beautiful woman as you are, could attract uninvited attention." I looked at him in amazement and laughed.

" Mr? Do you have a name, sir?" 

"My name is not important."
"Okay fine, then in that case, I'll tell the staff here to call the Police and have you arrested." I threatened.

"I'm surprised you are mentioning the police when you ought to be running away from them." 

"Me run away from the Police? What for?"

"Are you asking me?"

"Yes, since you know I don't want to be alone, you should also know why I am supposed to be running away from the Police." He smiled at me making me a little nervous.

"And stop smiling at me. You make me nervous."

"This is always the problem with you people. You desperately seek answers, but are not ready to receive them when they are available." He looked straight into my eyes making me blink several times. True I was looking for answers, but i wasn't getting them.  The man's word struck a cord in me and I adjusted my attitude towards him.

"Look, I am a happily married woman, whose husband went on a trip. I'm just here to relax myself, that's all."

"I'm sure you could tell me a better lie." He replied.