Chapter 62

The strange way Nancy looked at me got me a little worried. She had never looked at me like that before. Perhaps I had done something wrong and she was undecided about telling me. But then she said,

"Ah but Tola since we came back from the UK you have completely changed, o."
"You mean it?"

"Babe you know wan hear. You go Abuja quarrel with doctor. Take am easy now."
"Nancy I wan follow the way wey Kemi dey do things. I don't give a damn about any man. If he like make him be doctor or president."

"Ha, Tola?! See you dey talk now. Make Ola appear you go dey beg am."

"Abeg dat one na before. No be now o." Nancy frowned when I said that.

"Tola abi you don dey get feelings for dat doctor?"
"Ah no Nancy. Somebody that wanted to take me to a psychiatric ward?" No never." Suddenly it crossed my mind the similarities in our names and I kept wondering about being related to him. I had to confide this to Nancy.

"Nancy I have this strange feeling he could in some ways be related to me."

"And what makes you think that?"
"His full name is Charles K Abiodun. K is the first letter of my father's name."

"But there are a lot of people with that surname. You can't be too sure about that."

"I just hope he isn't related to me."
"And if he is?" I gulped at the thought of this being true and shrugged.

"Nancy, I won't be able to stand the fact that my dad kept this secret from me."

"Why not?"
"Nancy I still haven't come to terms with Ola faking his death, now hearing I have a brother? That would be too much. "

"It should be good news. I mean, knowing you have a brother."

"Well not after he kept me in a hospital bed for three days. Do you know that he went to a meeting only to come back with the Police and tell me he's sending me back to Lagos?"

"And why did he do that?" She asked.

"He said it was better that way than placing me in a psychiatric ward."

"Na wao, Tola. See as that doctor stubborn like you. Maybe true true, na your brother o."

 It made me remember the file he had given me. I opened my bag and brought it out. Going through the file I realized they were minutes of a meeting. A full report was written and also included.

"Nancy I don't understand what's going on."
"Why, what do you mean?"
"I'm supposed to attend a meeting and submit a report. This is a meeting report."

"Sounds like your doctor attended the meeting for you and wrote that report." I stared at her surprised this could happen. "Your own na to go submit am give your father."

"And why would he do such a thing?"
"It's for you to find out." I was a little disturbed by this approach and immediately called him. It took him a while to answer the call, and when he did, I was angry with him.

"Hello this is Dr. Abiodun how may I help you?"
"Mrs. Segun on the phone."
"Ah okay. Hope you had a pleasant journey?"
"I am in Lagos right now trying to understand why you had the guts to turn me into a primary school student who forgot to do their homework?!"

"Ha, Tola!" Shouted Nancy
"And why would I do that considering you run a company like you said?" He asked

"I don't see a medical report, I see minutes of a meeting I couldn't attend and a full report. "

"Oh, then there must have been a mix up. Send them back and I'll send you your medical report."

"Do I have to believe you did it on purpose?"
"Mistakes do happen."
"Remember you said one patient complaining of Improper care could cost you your job?"