chapter 26 •

heyyy look at my ice cream
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Chapter twenty-six: on the floor crying

I take in a deep breathe and turn around to face Grayson.

He looks nervous, and regretful.

He should feel nervous and regretful. If i did not have the last missing piece of my integrity, he would be on the floor crying.

"What?" i snap. I can not help it. He hurt drunk Anna Nicole and now sober Anna Nicole is pissed.

"Uhm, are you okay?" he asks. No, i am not, but why? Do i care so much about his opinion towards me?

"I am great, Grayson" i say, sarcasm leaking through my words. His eyes flash with guilt, but i turn away and open the door.

"Cupcake?" oh, he has the nerve.

"Do not call me that" or any of your stupid nicknames you have called me.

"i'm sorry" he apologises. I scoff. He can apologise as much as he wants, but the point is, i do not care.

"Hmm" i hum and walk out of the door. I start walking to my house, but on the way a familiar feeling in my stomach stops me from moving anymore and I quickly move over from the concrete and throw up.

Once I get it all out I stand back up and wipe my mouth with the bottom of my- Grayson's shirt.

I continue walking once my stomach settles down and walk to my front door.

I open the door and start walking upstairs before i hear my name being called. I look to the right, and i am met with Gus

"Hey, Gus. What is up?" i ask and look at him.

"Are you crying?" he asks me. My eyebrows crease and i put my hands on my face and my cheeks are wet.

"Uh i-i guess so" i stutter and Gus's expressions go soft. He comes up to me and hugs me. I hug him back and laugh a little. He can be annoying, but he is so adorable.

"Are you okay?" he asks me, and i laugh a little and nod at him.

"Yeah, Gus" i say and ruffle his hair. He smiles and a look of remembrance flashes through his little face.

"Adam is home from college!" he says happily.

Wait. He left? When?

"Where is he?" i ask and he grabs my hand and pulls me into the living room.

"I found her!" Gus screams and my mother, father, and Adam look up at me. I smile slightly at them.

"He-" Adam was cut off by my mother. "Anna Nicole, why don't you have pants on?!" oh yeahhhh! I do not have pants on. I only have on his shirt on.

My mouth open agape as i think of what to say. Yeah, what comes out of my mouth is not the smartest thing ever..

"Oh-uh i do not? I thought i was? Whaaaat?" i drag out and look anywhere but my mom. In my defence the shirt looks like a dress though.. Yeah, it is that long.

"Just go put on pants" she tells me eyeing the wet spot at the bottom of my shirt, and i nod, smile, and go upstairs. Okay, awkward.

At least i am not upset about Grayson anymore.

Okay, that was a fat lie.

I grab jeans and a random tshirt and put them on and look into the mirror. Ew.