chapter 31 •

Chapter thirty-one: "Yeah, he stalks everyone"

I wake up and get ready for school.

Sunday flew past, doing nothing important.

I put on a vans hoodie and black leggings with black shoes. I really feel like today will be a depressing day.

I go down the stairs and walk into the kitchen and see my mom.

"Hey sweetie" she smiles. I smile back and get a cup and pour apple juice in it. I do not like orange juice or cranberry juice. Ew, or milk.

Gus walks in looking dead. Same, dude.

"Hi" he says sleepily and grabs a pancake from mom.

"What is up with you?" I ask and he tiredly sits next to me at the table.

"Nothing, i was just up all night thinking about what to wear for my girlfriend tomorrow" right when he said that my mother dropped the pancake mix onto the grittle and stares wide eye at him, while I raise my eyebrow at him.

"What girlfriend, mister?" My mother accuses. His eyes go wide.

"Oh i-i meant girl, friend" he stutters and I cover a laugh with an awkward cough.

"Mmm" my mom hums and Gus awkwardly eats his food, and he leaves the house to catch the bus.

Guess he made his move on Alicia.

Adam comes down stairs. Why is he still here again?

"Ooh pancakes!" He says happily and takes 3 and sits beside me. I turn to him and raise an eyebrow. He asks me what with his face

I shrug.

"Why are you still here? I thought you were only staying the weekend" I ask and he nods.

"I'm leaving today. I can't believe you want to get rid of me so fast" he puts his hand on his heart. I roll my eyes

"Well, you are no help to me" I say and he hits my arm playfully. I smile

"Since you are leaving you can just take Anna to school" my mom interrupts us. I also can just take my bike.. whatever, I choose to not argue. We just got back on good terms

"Yeah, sure" he says and I smile and get up and leave the house.

I get inside of his car and Adam soon follows after me and just sits and does not start the car.

"Uhm, can i tell you something, but you have to promise not to tell anyone" he says seriously and i nod and tell him to continue.

"Uh-well, i maybe sort of dropped out of college" he says and my eyeballs pop out of my head.

"What?!" i yell and he covers his ears. "Why the hell did you do that?" i ask and he shakes his head.

"Do not tell mom and dad" he says and i nod. "No say that you won't"

"I will not, okay?" he nods and sighs out of relief.

"Okay, well i wasn't doing the best in school. My school work was slipping. I was doing fine at the beginning of school, but i don't know it just went downhill. I knew they were going to kick me out, so i dropped out before. I saved the embarrassing moment" he tells and i sigh.

"Where have you been living then?"

"Oh, well that is another secret" he mutters and I raise an eyebrow. He turns to look at me and there is panic in his eyes.

"Promise me you won't hate me" he says and I nod then I remember what he said. "Yeah, I promise"

He breathes out a large sigh