chapter 33 •

Hey me dudes, long chapter

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Chapter thirty-three: once upon a time

Ellie finds me in the parking lot basically crying. She takes me home and comes with me inside my house. She also calls Caden to come too.

I have not told her what happened, and I really do not want to. I do trust her and all I just do not want to talk about it.

My doorbell rings and Caden just walks in. We are in the living room, and I am staring straight into the blank TV

"Anna? What's wrong?" Caden asks me. My eyes tear up again, but I continue to stare forward. I honestly feel dead right now.

"She won't talk to me"

A hand waves in front of my face, and I turn my head to the right and look at Caden.

"It hurts" I say and they both look sympathetic for me and come up to hug me. I stay still as his words ring in my head

Maybe I don't want to talk to you. Maybe I don't want to be 'friends' with you.

They both pull away and look at me hopelessly.

"Please talk to us. We could help" Ellie says. "What happened?"

"He just called it off. He does not want to be my friend. He is just cutting me off like he was waiting to do it all along" I sob. Saying it really makes me sound pathetic.

Don't talk to me and I won't talk to you. Act like You don't know me.

"He wants me to act as if I do not know him at all"

"Who?" Caden asks but I am 100% sure she knows exactly who I am talking about.

"G-grayson" i stutter and they both look at each other.

"Uhm, do you like Grayson?" Ellie asks but I immediately shake my head no.

"Think about it okay? You are trying so hard not to cry about this even though it is tearing you up inside. Knowing that he doesn't want you to talk to him maybe was the trigger. I think you like him, but you just won't admit it to yourself" Ellie says and Caden nods.

'Was the trigger'? I know that his words sting my heart every single time I replay them in my head. I can not stop think about it and why it hurts this bad. It hurts worse then when he said 'I've seen better' but honestly I got mad about that? That is so stupid! maybe I really did get mad because I may.. like him?

"I think.. I do" I say and they both perk up.

"Do what?" Caden pressures

"Like... Grayson" I say and put my head in my hands. Why? This is just the best time ever, right stupid mind?

Grayson's POV

"YOU WHAT?!"

"Dude calm down. I did what was best" I say calmly and he just freaks out even more.

"HOW THE FUCK IS CUTTING THE ONLY GOOD THING IN YOUR LIFE FUCKING GOOD?! WHAT IN THE WORLD WERE YOU FUCKING THINKING YOU STUPID ASS?! NOW SHE IS NEVER GOING TO FORGIVE YOU AND MY SHIP WON'T SAIL. YOU JUST RUINED MY WHOLE PLAN FOR YOU BOTH!! YOU FUCKING PEICE OF SHIT!" He screams at me and I roll my eyes.