chapter 35 •

Chapter thirty-five: "can't really tell you"

I am actually upset with myself that I went through all of that for a Hey

A bang erupts from my window, and I jolt from my bed.

What the hell was that?!

I casually walk to my window even though my mind is racing and my heart is pounding out of my chest.

Is this when I am going to die? Oh god. I have not done everything I wanted to do. Thinking about.. what even do I want to do?

I have no life.

I pull my curtains back and see Grayson. I sigh. He almost gave me a freaking heart attack.

I pull the window open and deadpan him, and he smiles sheepishly

"What the hell, dude?!"

"Sorry, just returning the favor" he says referring to when I threw a book at his window. Ha, good times

"What do you want?" I ask getting to the point

"Nothing" he shrugs and I roll my eyes and start closing the window before he shouts for me to stop

"What?" I ask impatient

"Nothing, just, uh, I'm sorry" he apologizes, and I raise my brow

"Yeah, i bet you are" I say sarcastically

"No, I really am. Can things just get back to normal?" He pleads.

Oh please! He expects me to just let it go? He really hurt me, and now he is just acting like I can put it in the past? Hell no.

"Don't think so" I say and he groans

"Why not?" He drags out

"Because, I do not want to" I lie. Of course I miss him. Hell, I admitted I liked him about a week ago.

"Why are you being so fucking stubborn?" I roll my eyes. Who would not be?

"Whatever, if you want things to get back to normal you have to earn it" I say confidently and he sighs

"Fine" he agrees. Wait, really?

"Seriously?"

"Yes, i'm really sorry, Anna Nicole" he says seriously before a smile breaks out on his face and one follows on mine.

"You are so stupid" I joke and he laughs

"I know" he says and I nod in agreement.

"Wanna go somewhere?" He asks after awhile of silence. I look at him and nod. Why not?

"Okay, meet me outside?" I nod and get up from the windowsill and close my window. I walk down the stairs and grab a sweater. It is a little chilly.

My mother and Gus still have not came home yet. Poor Gus.

I walk out the front door and Grayson is waiting on his bike in front of my house.

"Where are we going?" I ask him when I get on his bike.

"You'll see" he says and I huff. He hands me a helmet and I put it on and wrap my arms around his waist. I see him smile in the mirror before he takes off.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

"Why are we in the woods?" I ask and his smile falls a little before he brings a smile back onto his beautiful face

"You don't remember?" I start to rack my brain to think of things and I shake my head.

He huffs "Fine, you will remember soon enough"