chapter 28 •

Chapter twenty-eight: The dinner

"Uh, An-" he did not get to finish because i walked away. I do not care what he has to say. It is not like we are friends.

I walk back into the living room and plop on the couch. Someone walks in but i do not look up. The couch dips and i look up.

"Oh, it's you" i say as i look up at him

"Dont act like you don't enjoy my company" he says and i slap his head.

"Why are you here, Colton?" i ask and roll my eyes.

"I was invited"

"Haha" i fake laugh

"I was" he defends.

"Who invited you because i am 100% sure my mother did not, and this is her house." i say back. And he raises his hands up in fake surrender.

"Fine, fine, Grayson did" he smirks at me and i roll my eyes at him. Of course he did.

"Whatever" i say bluntly and look at the tv. Currently The Vampire Diaries is on. It is at the many part where Katherine is pretending to be Elena. I love Katherine.

Colton sucks in a deep breathe, and i raise an eyebrow at him.

"Nina Dobrev is so hot" he says and i roll my eyes.

"Boys" i mutter and continue to watch the show until the doorbell rings again. I hear shuffling and then voices getting louder.

It must be the Berrys'

Suddenly 4 people walk in and smile at Colton and I. We both stand up and walk towards them.

First the older people came up to us, most likely the parents.

"Hello, my name is Patricia Berry, and my Husband Tate Berry. You may call us Mr. and Mrs. Berry or Mrs. Patricia, or Mr. Tate" well okay. I quickly notice a British accent. I look over at Colton and he has a face of disgust on. I nudge him and he silently laughs.

"This is my daughter Alicia, and my son Nate " she says and points to her kids. Nate Berry? That name sounds familiar.

A tall man comes into my view and god, he is hot! And he looks so familiar too.

I squint my eyes examining him and tilt my head to the side, staring at him. Hmm

"Thought I wouldn't see you again, love" He says and I recognize that deep British accent. He is the guy who helped me when my wheel popped!

"And I forgot you existed" I say and smile up at him. He rolls his eyes playfully.

"Uhm how do y'all know each other?" Colton asks and glares at Nate. Woah Colton.

"We just do" I say and Nate nods. Colton seems unimpressed with my answer and huffs and leaves the room.

"What's up with him" ahhh the accent.

After a couple of seconds I realize I have not answered him and I shake my head.

"Don't know"

He nods and my mother calls us in the kitchen to eat.

We walk in and I sit down. Nate follows in suit and sits down sext to me. I am sitting next to him and Gus next to Gus is Alicia. Ooo his crush!!

The parents are at the front of the table my mom next to her Amanda then Patrica. In front of my mom is dad then Thomas next to him is Tate. Next to him is Nate while I'm next to Him and Gus. Adam is sitting in front of Gus while no one is sitting in front of me and Nate.