viii.

WEDNESDAY MARCH
SIXTH , TWENTY-NINETEEN
—MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA
7:23 P.M.

violet frowned to herself as she thought of the situation that she was in. all I wanted to do was be alone for at least one day, no dick with complications, just me. ALONE the young adults thoughts were interrupted as brandon coughed, she didn't even notice that he was standing in front of her.

"can we talk?"

"no."

did she mean? I mean really mean it? all violet had wanted when they first broke up was to talk...she wanted to know why he cheated. but, now she doesn't know what she wants.

"okay" brandon simply smiled at her before getting into the booth with her.

"all I fucking wanted was to be alone for at least a day. I get cheated on by who I thought would be the love of my life, then the rebound cheats too? and now that I want to finally deal with my problems alone rather than put work in front of my feelings. I can't" violets voice shook as brandon looked up to meet her eyes.

the boy immediately moved closer to her, wrapping his arms around her to try and comfort her. "it's okay, vio...how about we get ice cream?" brandon asked the girl as she chuckled slightly, running a hand through her hair.

"is that still your way to fix everything?"

"you loved it"

the two got out of the booth and went to an ice cream shop, directly one the beach that wasn't even to blocks away from the restaurant that they were previously at.

"still wear the necklace I see?" Brandon smirked more so to himself as he walked beside the girl on her outside, closer to the ocean while the walked the beach. 

"its a three hundred dollar necklace, just because we fell off doesn't mean I won't wear it" violet chuckled, her words causing his smirk to falter slightly. 

"how are you?" brandon asked violet, he watched how she kept facing forward, not making eye contact with him at all. she stared out into the distance of the beach, watching the sunset. 

"im okay? I'm used to it by now, I dont get to be happy...I make others happy, thats all I need and thats my purpose, brandon" violet's eyes began to water as she ate another spoonful of cookie dough ice cream. 

"violet tamia james, your happiness matters. I'm deeply sorry for I what I did to you, bub. my necklace is my reminder, I didn't know what the reminder was at first but, now I know. its a reminder that I hurt the one person that loved more than my mom, the only person that I wanted to wake up to for the rest of my life. and to know that you're okay with not being happiness, literally breaks me because its my fault. I could've stopped myself. drunk or not, Im sorry, violet james" brandon began to cry as violet pulled him into a hug. 

why couldn't they just leave each other alone?

the two spent the rest of the night reminscing and catching each other up on whats going on in their lives. 

"you've seriously watched the movie, everyday for two weeks?" violet snorted as she laughed at the now blushing brandon. 

they talked through out the night until jonathan called, the time 4 am. 

"violet tamia james, where the hell are you?!" jonathans voice flowed through the speaker of the phone, brandon tensing up hearing the tone of jonathan.

"oh..hey j, I'm uh- im on the beach" violet laughed smiling at brandon, him returning the gesture. 

"I've been worried sick...I was watching the housewives of Melbourne when your mom called. did you really tell her where you were going?" 

"love you jj, bye!" violet giggled before laughing, she kissed brandon on the cheek before standing up, unbeknownst to the two there were others watching. 

"so we're back on our bullshit, I see" violet smirked at the boy, she could barely see his face but she knew that he was smiling back. 

"admit it, you missed the fun we had" brandon chuckled as he intertwined his fingers with hers. 

"maybe a little" 

THOUGTS BY ZIYE'||

soooo this is back! and if you enjoyed the book "could've been" check out the sequel "write me