xxi.

WEDNESDAY JULY
THIRD, TWENTY-NINETEEN
—WE IN VEGAS BAYBEH

arriving in las vegas, nevada excited everyone on the plane. soon, everyone would be over the age of twenty one and what happens in vegas stays in vegas. 

violet, roxanne, and tiana shared a room for violets sake of not wanting to room alone. shawn and jonathan shared a room directly across the hall from them. violet wanted the exact same room that she had saw from a video of "the sister squad". 

"so whats the first crazy thing you want to do in vegas, vi?" tiana asked her friend as she sat in one of the living room chairs beside her. 

"I don't have any tattoos, literally every single friend of mine has at least three...wanna go to a tattoo shop?" violet looked between roxanne and tiana them both smiling widely at their friends words. 

"HELL FUCKING YEAH" roxanne yelled as she ran to grab her crocs. the three girls made their way through the city to an all too famous tattoo parlor that they'd seen on keeping up with the kardashians. 

"you know what you're getting?" tiana asked violet as they walked through the doors of the shop with bright smiles on their faces. 

"nope" violet smiled at her friends as she went up to talk to a tattoo artist about what she should get and where. 

MEANWHILE

edwin, austin, nick, and zion roamed through out their hotel looking for different things to do and to  interact with. 

brandon on the other hand sat in his hotel room with his girlfriend, adriana. the couple was supposed to be looking for activities to do with the band but, adriana decided that it would be better for her to take an hour to change her clothes. 

vio never took this long to change...brandon sighed as he tried to push his thoughts about violet out of his head. "baby boo! isn't this the cutest?" adriana made a tiny twirl as she strut around the hotel room wearing a olive green bathing suit with a sheer white cover up paired with tan sandals. to say that adriana was ugly would be a lie, she models, sings, and dances like a two year old as a job. brandon liked that about her. 

"uh yeah...its cute but, we're going to the casino and then out to eat... why wear a bathing suit?" brandon looked up from his phone to talk to adriana, her smile faltering at his words. 

"I was hoping that we could skip the dinner, I mean it's not like you don't see them all the time" adriana  sharply spoke as she looked in the mirror but still at at the boy in behind her. 

"I haven't seen violet since we started dating, two months ago...it's her birthday, we're going to the dinner" brandon shook adriana's sharp tone off of his shoulder as he shifted on the bed. 

"why do you wanna see your ex so much?" folding her arms over her chest, adriana stared deeply into brandons eyes in hopes of him saying what- who he truly wanted.

"first off, she's my friend who we came here to celebrate.  what the fuck is your problem, bro?" brandons lips curled up in disgust as he tried to keep his composer. 

"well, you sure don't act like it. don't think that I didn't notice that you spent twelve thousand dollars on her birthday gifts! who the hell just buys a friend a cartier ring and matching bracelet?!" adriana's eyes suddenly went dark and cold as she yelled at the boy, in her defense she had every right to be mad. her boyfriend invited her to vegas to attend his exe's twenty first birthday after buying that same ex not one, but two items from a very popular designer brand that wasn't necessarily on the cheap side. 

"are you stalking my account? you don't trust me but, I'm here with you!" brandon yelled back, it was like putting fire with fire. 

"yeah but, your minds with her brandon!" adriana spat back, her voice wavering slightly as she clenched her hands into a fist but, just as quickly let them loose. "do you still love her?" adrianna spoke quickly, her words barely being comprehendible but...brandon heard everything. 

he didn't know weather to hold his tongue or to speak up, so he just sat there. that was all adriana needed to know. 

"wowww" adriana watched brandon as he failed to make eye contact with her. "call me when you figure your shit out. im done"  adriana firmly spoke as she put her things back into her suitcase. 

"fuckkk" brandon let out a large exhale as he looked around the room, he definitely didn't want to be there anymore. he watched as adriana left the room with all her things, she must've seen this coming because she had a room in the hotel across from his already, ready.

brandon called a uber and left the hotel room, if Adriana could leave, so could he...metaphorically speaking of course. 

the boy rode to a tattoo parlor that he'd seen on tiana's story, he might as well get  a new tattoo. 

___

"this fucking hurts!" violet yelled out just as her elephant tattoo was finished on her side rib. 

"vio you're literally done" roxanne laughed as she recorded her best friends reactions for her instagram story. 

brandon walked into the parlor with hopes of getting a simple yet, stupid tattoo. 

a girl is a gun

brandon had a shirt with the exact saying so he thought why not get it tattooed as breakup coping mechanism. 

"oh hey brandon, what're you doing here?" violet smiled radiantly as she approached the  front of the parlor with roxanne and tiana. 

"I thought that a break up tattoo would be a good idea" brandon cheeks burned as he made eye contact with both roxanne and violet. 

"oh honey" roxanne spoke gently for the first time in a year to brandon as she pulled him into a light hug. 

"are you okay? you don't have to go to the party tomorrow if it you're hurting right now..I don't want to put that type of stress on you" violets eyebrows pulled down in concentration as she studied the boys face. "matter of fact, the dinners cancelled. I'll stay with you to make sure that you're okay bub."

"vio it's your birthday dinner..." 

"and I won't go, you're my friend why would I ditch you to have fun? I'd rather make sure that you're good" 

"but vio-" 

"don't fight me on this areaga... and c'mon you're not getting a tattoo because of a girl" violet laughed knowing the boy as she linked arms with him, the four friends walking to their uber. 

"please tell me that you weren't going to get a girl is a gun tattooed.." violet smiled as she watched the rode from the backseat beside brandon. 

"you know me way too well" 

after the short ten minute drive back to vio's hotel she quickly texted shawn to let him and everyone else know that she had to help a friend out. once that was over with, the two talked about everything that they hadn't. 

"tomorrow...later today, I truly hope that I don't open a present from and it ends up being a cartier bracelet or ring" violet laughed as she thought back to when she would play cartier by bazzi every time her and brandon would be in a car together while they were dating. 

"I said for your twenty first that you'd get it" brandon chuckled, watching rick and morty on the television flickering his attention between the tv and violet. 

"you're something else, bub"

"admit it... you missed the fun we had, vio" 

thoughts\\\

bitch just wait...