CHAPTER 4.

CHAPTER 4.
— PUZZLED —

Both of us paused for a second to think. Seeing the black steel bar makes me think again the escape that I did lately. I moved closer to see a better look and I am sure, for the last 18 years that I've been here, I am one hundred percent sure that this house is ours.

"What?" he stole my phone from my hand and roamed the flashlight around to see for himself.

"This is our house!" I retorted.

"But this is ours! It is impossible that our house is missing."

"If you want, then let's check it."

"Fine!" he agreed without hesitation.

Before I could step my foot towards the gate, I paused and awkwardly looked at him. "Wait."

He raised his brow. "What?"

"Can we just do it tomorrow?" I almost whispered when I suddenly remembered that my brother will probably check me on my room once he wakes up.

"Why?"

"My brother is asleep and he'll kill me if he realized that I sneaked out from him." I bit my nails.

Soobin scoffed and later on, a smile is slowly forming on his lips. "You sneaked out?"

I slowly nodded. "Yes..."

"I thought you are a type of girl who doesn't step out her foot outside their yard." he chuckled.

"Hey! Hey! Don't get me wrong. I don't usually do this stuff. I mean, who wouldn't get bored if you were stuck inside your house for almost a year?"

His facial expression changed. "Almost a year?!"

I nodded. "Yes. Nightmare, right?"

He scoffed. "I'd rather die."

My right hand immediately flew on the back of his head after he said that. He caressed his head and glared at me.

"Why did you do that?!" he shouted.

"What are you saying that you'd rather die?!"

"Why? What's wrong to what I've said?" his eyes would almost roll because of annoyance.

"Be careful to what you wish for! Ending your life isn't the answer to that small problem of yours!" you entered your house without even saying anything to him. You locked the door and entered to the opened window of your room.

You sighed.

How could he just decide to die like that?

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

SECOND PERSON'S POV
YEAR 2019

The next morning, you woke up with a heat burning your neck. You tried to roll on your bed but it seems like the space became shorter. You took the thing, which you assumed as a pillow, and pushed it over the bed. That fall made a thud, which is just supposed to be a soft bounce since pillows were purely cottons.

Your eyes shut open when you heard a groan after the fall. You immediately sat up and wiped your eyes to clear to sight. As you roam your eyes around the room, the place looks just fine and the same as you left it last night.

You're about to step your foot on the floor when a man sat up on it, making you jump.

"WHAT THE F–"

He innocently scratched the back of his head whilst his eyes are still closed. You grabbed your book and were ready to throw it to Soobin if he didn't only climbed back on the bed and slept.

You dropped your book and walked lightly towards your bed to check on him. He, whose sleeping peacefully on your room, is hugging your pillow as if it was his.

You sat on your bed and reached for his ear. When you fingers hit his ear, he immediately groaned and opened his eyes annoyingly.

"Tsk!" he hissed as if it is your fault for disturbing his beauty rest.

"What are you doing inside my room?!" you whispered but wanted to scream, only if your brother isn't here.

"Sleeping?" he answered.

"I know, but why are you sleeping inside my room? Don't you have a house?!"

"This. This is my house."

You almost threw a punch on him but Soobin immediately blocked it using his hand. He chuckled and sat up.

"Are you crazy?"

He shook his head. "Not yet. But I think I'm close to being one if I will not see my house."

"And you're living in here while you're still not seeing your house?"

He nodded. "Wow! A brilliant girl." he grinned.

Your hand flew on the back of his head. He hissed and immediately threw you a glare.

"Stop hitting my head!"

"Stop sneaking inside our house!" You stood up.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"Reporting this to my brother." You are about to reach the door knob when a hand slammed on the door, preventing it to open. As you turn around, a serious Soobin met your eyes.

You gulped.

"Don't tell him. I'll leave. Just ask it politely." his voice almost sounded like a whisper. You avoided your gaze and lightly pushed him away from you. A smirk formed on his lips but you were to occupied to see it.

This man is truly a headache.

Both of you flinched when you two heard a knock on the door. Your eyes widened as you saw Soobin attempting to jump out of your window. You ran towards him to stop him and shook your head. He looked at you questionably but you didn't answer him and just pulled him back.

"I'm leaving!' he mouthed.

''Don't! Beside my room is a window. My brother might see you. We're both dead!" I whispered.

"Y/N?" Hoseok call you from outside. You gulped and pretended that you just woke up. You tried your best to make your voice a little bit husky to make it realistic. "Hmm... yes?"

While you and your brother are exchanging conversations, you signaled Soobin to hide under your bed. At first, he didn't agree because it was hot in there. But you threatened him that you'll tell your brother about him sneaking inside your room. He rolled his eyes and had no choice but to hide under your bed.

"Can I enter?" Hoseok asked as he attempted to twist your locked door.

You fixed your bed sheet, enough to hide him perfectly under. You peeked on the sheets and signaled him to be quiet and not to create anything that will make you both in danger.

Since it was dark in there, you didn't see his response.

"Y/N?" your brother called.

"S–Sure! Just wait a second."