CHAPTER 21.

CHAPTER 21.
— CANDLE —

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

JUNG Y/N
YEAR 2019

I weakly opened my eyes after the long rest I think I had. White ceilings. White walls. White sheets. Everything is almost white. Except to the door where my father is currently leaning. I've noticed that everyone looked at me when I made a light move.

"She's awake." I heard my mom's voice. Hoseok was the first one to rush beside me. He held my hand as he crouch down beside the bed.

"How are you feeling, Y/N?"

"I—I feel fine. Just a little tired, I guess. What happened?"

Mom appeared behind Hoseok. She looked at me with her puffy eyes. Now, I felt curious. "We're so worried about you, honey!"

"I think I'm already fine, mom. Why did you even bring me to the hospital? I can handle myself."

"You were asleep for eight days." Dad blurted out.

My eyes went wide. I turned my gaze to my brother and my mom for a confirmation and dad was right.

"A week..." I mumbled.

"Yes, honey. A week."

Eight days felt like last night. I could still remember that I was writing something on my journal and now that I woke up, I was already in this room. I found out that I've been here for eight days.

Shit.

"Why did it happened to me? I—I mean as long as I could remember, I felt fine before I fell asleep that night."

"Honey, your heart beat slowed down... y—you're heart stopped three days ago..." her voice cracked as tears started to fall down from her puffy eyes. "W—We almost lost you..."

Dad walked beside mom and gently tap her back. I could also see the reflection on my dad and brother's eyes. They're also crying.

Please stop, it looks like I'm watching them mourning to my dead body.

"M—mom, dad, Hoseok, please stop... I'm still alive!"

"Y/N, the doctor said that you only got-"

"DON'T." They seemed taken a back because of my stern voice. "Please don't."

"Y/N..."

"Please don't take my hope away..." I gasped for an air. "Just let me die without knowing the days, weeks, months, or years I have, if that's even possible that I still got years or even months to live."

"Don't say that, Y/N."

"Why, Hoseok? Is it wrong to tell the truth? Is it wrong to say that I'm dying even though it is the reality? I—I'm dying anytime... a—and too bad, I'll die without experiencing almost everything."

Mom shook her head as she cries harder.

"Why mom? I—It's the truth!" I wiped my tears that I didn't notice that fell lately while I was talking. "Sometimes, I wishes to just die in my sleep. Days are always the same until tomorrow, until the day after tomorrow and until the day after the next day."

"Honey, y—you're not the only one who is suffering. We, your family suffers too. D—do you think we want this to happen to you? Don't just give up your life when we are still fighting because we'll never give up so don't ever decided when to end yours, that will never happen."

Dad's words made my heart clenched. I can't stand seeing them in this state. But the time will come that this will happen again but maybe when that day comes, I'll no longer see them in that state.

Maybe I'm already six feet from the ground.

But I'm scared.

Really really scared.

Because I'm still not ready to leave this world,

to leave this place,

to leave my family,

and to leave the memories I wanted to cherish for longer.

"Dad..." I weakly whispered.

"Yes, honey?"

"Let's face the truth... I'll leave soon, mom... brother... p—please let me enjoy my life even for a short time... please?"

Mom hiccuped. "Y/N, you'll not die. We'll fight... t—together. Let's believe—"

Dad held her arm that made mom stopped. She was shaking as she glanced at dad. He smiled sadly at her. He whispered something that I didn't understand and made her cry even harder.

"No..." she cried. "I—I can't..."

Life is a candle, it's full and bright in the beginning but dies in tears at the ending.