CHAPTER 11.

CHAPTER 11
— NEIGHBOR —

When she went back to her room, she didn't lay down or sit anywhere. She jumped off her window with a satisfied smile on her lips. She's going out to take a glimpse of a fresh air.

Y/N went outside her house without anyone noticing her. After the long strolling, she stopped to a basketball court and decided to sit to one of the benches in there.

The floor is wet and looks slippery due to the rain last night. She could only watch his brother play whenever her parents approve them to go outside. But that was before, the time when her illness isn't that strict.

Her heart disease dominates her whole body. She has always limitations, the reason why she cannot do the things she wanted to try.

On the other side, a boy entered the court without her knowing. He's holding a ball that he brought from his house.

Despite of the slippery ground, he didn't mind that. Basketball is his passion. If he wants to play, he'll play to the point that the rain would be ashamed for itself for pouring all day.

Once the boy dribbled the ball, it caught her attention. It is the only sound that rings around. The boy glanced at her for a second and smiled. "G'day mate!" he nods as he greets her.

She looked behind her to check if it was really her. Do we know each other?

The boy came back to focus on his game and dribbled the ball again. For the whole five minutes, she was just watching him shoot the ball in the ring repeatedly. It entertains her.

He glanced at the girl that is still sitting on the bench. "Wanna play?" he lended the ball and made sure that she can see it.

"S—Sorry, I don't know how to play." she smiled sadly, feeling shy for rejecting his offer.

He pouted. "I can teach you if you want."

"No! No! It's okay. I can't make myself tired... m—my brother will kill me if he knows..."

His mouth turned into a round shape as he slowly nods, understanding her. "Ohh... okay. May I ask why?"

Y/N turned quiet. The boy is about to withdraw his words when she smiled sadly. "Health problems. I—I have cardiac arrhythmia."

"I'm sorry..."

She shook her head. "Don't be."

Y/N may be acting normal in front of the new boy but she is really curious about his voice. That deep voice that feels like it doesn't belong to a cute boy like him.

"By the way, I'm Felix..." he lended his hand.

"Y/N..."

"Are you new here? Because this is my first time to see you here in the village."

"No. I don't often go outside our house because of my condition. My parents forbids me whenever I don't have someone to go out."

His brow raised and noticed that she has no one with her but still here in the court. "How did you made them allow you then when you don't have someone with you?"

She shrugged. "Because they aren't aware that I left the house?"

His eyes widened.

"Oh no! You better go home now. It might be harmful for you to stay long in here." he stopped spinning the ball with his fingers.

"It will, unless something or someone will cause to trigger my abnormal heartbeats."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

He nods. "You want to dribble while you are sitting on the bench. This will not cause you too much energy."

She shrugged. "Can I?"

Felix went near her and handled her the ball. It immediately made the corner of her lips curve upwards when she felt it in her hands. It's been a long time since she tried to play or even handle this. When Y/N started to dribble the ball, she earned a smirk from him. "Not bad."

Y/N chuckled. "My brother taught me before."

"You told me that you cannot play?"

"I can dribble but I can't shoot it in the ring and I can't run around the court without forgetting to dribble it."

He laughed. "Ohh." Felix thought that it was cute. Going out to a day which doesn't approve with his taste to the weather isn't that bad. At least, he made a friend today and the girl talks cutely especially when she stutters.

"Why does you accent is so cool?" she asked him as she getting use to talk with Felix.

"I lived in Australia for years and I just came back in here last week."

"Hmm, maybe that's why you told me that you haven't see me before because you were in Australia when my parents still allow me to go outside with my brother."

He shrugged. "Maybe."

Both of them continued on talking but when the sky starts to darkens and attempts to rain, they both decided to went back to their houses.

Felix took off his jacket and made her wear it. Y/N wants to deny his offer but he insists her too much. "Hey, no need to do this Felix! It's fine. I am not allergic to rains, though..."

"I'm not allergic to chivalry though."

Both of them paused for a while then laughed.

"I'll walk you home."

"No—"

"Have I told you that I hate rejections?"

She sighed. "We just met each other and it's really weird that I am socializing with you. I mean, I seldom meet people since I don't go outside too much, right?"

"Isn't weird that you're telling me that you're feeling weird with me?"

She smiled. "Oh gosh, is this the feeling of having a friend?"

"Are you immediately putting me in a friend zone?" he held his chest and pretended to be shock.

She went silent and felt awkward after hearing that from Felix. Why isn't she stuttering that much when he's with him unlike when Soobin is around? Is it possible that she is just intimidated? Or could be it different else?

Her heart might be fighting literally but it is soft and fragile. Especially when it comes to pretty boys.

Pretty boys like Soobin

Or maybe Felix?