Chapter 1.

I was rudely awakened from my heavenly nap by my older sister, with her usual squealing that can be heard from a mile away. And in this case, it was coming from upstairs, in her bedroom. I took notice of her footsteps going down the stairs and trailing into the kitchen. I faintly heard her rambling about some specific guy, and she seemed pretty ecstatic about who ever he was.

"Gemma! Your squealing woke me up, could you quiet it down a knotch?" I whine loudly enough for her to hear me. I thoroughly wiped my eyes, grabbed the pillow from underneath my head that was supporting my head of curls and smashed it against my face. I lifted the pillow and peeked my eyes open. In the corner of my eye, I saw that the T.V. was still on. I lazily pressed the off button of the remote beside me and just let it roll off the couch and onto the carpeted floor.

A moment later, I hear the light, familiar footsteps of my sister again, assuming they were headed my way. I quickly covered my face with the pillow as her steps gradually come closer, then it suddenly stopped. I feel the presence of someone hovering over me. 

"I'm sorry," Gemma begins to say, as I still refuse to look at her. "That you're always so cranky whenever you wake up." Her tone already told me she had a smug, satisfied smile on her face.

She's so fortunate that I'm too tired to react to her sass right now. Gemma snatched the pillow out of my hands so I was forced to look at her.

"Why the hell are you so happy anyway?" I repeat my question, losing my patience. Frightening enough, Gemma's grin grew even wider, her green eyes that remind me of my own, sparking with glee. 

"You know that one guy I've been hanging out with a lot lately? We've actually been dating for awhile now and I invited him for dinner tonight. I've told you about him before."

"Hmm, right. Guess I forgot. Well just wake me up again when he gets here." I fold my arms across my chest and close my eyes again.

"Alright. You have an hour to sleep off that crankiness. I don't want you to leave a bad impression on him." She tells me, and I hear her walk away.

"No promises I'll be nice though." I mumbled to myself, and readjusting my body into a more comfortable position. 

~ ~

I abruptly got woken up yet again, but this time by the ringing of the doorbell echoing throughout the house. I caught myself drooling, and wiped the drool off my edge of my lips with my sleeve of my jumper. Who could that be? ...Right, that must be Gemma's boyfriend. 

"Gemma! Your boyfriend is here!" I called to my sister, wherever she was at the moment. Afterwards, my throat felt slightly strained, as I realized how my voice cracked when I shouted.

"I'm nearly ready! Just open the door for him, please." She responded from upstairs.

I groan, slowly sitting upright on the couch and stretching my arms.

"Please Harry, just go open the door for the lad, will you?" My mum called from the kitchen, who was clearly still preparing dinner.

"Fine." I finally stand up and shuffle toward the front door. I see the silhouette of a person through the glass windows of the door. I sigh heavily and click the door open. And once I did, I almost forgot how to breathe.

~