I am the sole, and rightful queen!

I won my freedom when I was sixteen. I split an arrow by my own arrow, turned my mum into a bear, and mended our bond to change her back. Through that lesson, the clans came to agree our young should choose whom they will love in their own time.

But I feel, that may have been all for naught. It's been four years, since that agreement and so much has happened. The Vikings from the North came back to attack us once again, when I was eighteen. This time they were much stronger, and used terrible beasts, dragons, to carry them into battle.

We were able to keep them at bay, and cripple their advance; but it was a costly victory. My father, King Fergus, and the lords died in battle. Leaving their firstborns to rule in their stead.

Pierrre is now the lord of Clan Macintosh, Douglas is the lord of Clan McGuffin, and Ethan is the lord of Clan Dingwall. I am Queen of Clan DunBroch. I am still unmarried. The clans are growing impatient. They tire of me ruling with no husband. I fear my freedom is coming to an end.

I enter through the doors to the Throne Room. This is the third impromptu clans meeting this month! All the clans are there, and as usual at eachother's throats. They were all brawling on the floor. They should be fighting our enemies, not eachother!

"SHUT IT!" I shout. The fighting ceased immediately. The lords and warriors start bowing and apologizing. I resist an urge to sigh. I fold my hands. "I hope you all were safe in your arrival. I thank you all for meeting at such short notice. Now, Lord Dingwall, I believe you called us to report a new occurance?"

Dingwall, who hadn't been paying attention, shot his head up! He had a confused, drowsy smile on his long face. Another warrior of Dingwall came forward. "Forgive me, Your Majesty, I am one of the scouts who witnessed this and reported to my lord." He bowed low.

I motioned for him to continue. "The viking attackers have reached the shores again. And they have more than just fleets of ships. Armadas with impressive weapons of war and terrible dragons worse than before."

I give a start at that news. More dragons under the control of those barbarians? I wonder if my 'secret' should stay secret for much longer...

"What should we do, My Queen?" Douglas asks in a soft voice.

"All of our clans will meet them in battle at the right time and place. Crippling their armadas and leaders. Prepare our weapons, horses, and men-"

"And just who's going to lead us?" An arrogant voice interrupts. I glare at Pierre. He sabatoges my speeches every chance he gets!

"Excuse me?"

"Because traditionally our king, leads us into battle!" The clans murmur in agreement. How dare he?

"Your ruler and queen will lead you." Pierre smirks at me and meets my eyes with a challenging stare.

"But shouldn't we at least let a king lead us, as we always have?"

"We have no king!" Ethan says absently still unfocused.

"Maybe we should." I feel my rage boil in my ears.

"That is my decision and mine alone!" I thunder. The chandelier shakes. The meeting ended awkwardly soon after.

I see Mum trying to catch my eye. She wants to have a word with me, but I'm not ready for some wise old legendary lesson right now. I run to my chamber, barely nodding goodbye to my brothers. I lock the door behind me. I change out of my royal gown and jewelry. I put on my dark teal dress, and fasten my belt holding my sword and quiver of arrows. Slinging my bow across my shoulders, I throw open my large bedroom window.

I take out my silver whistle, hanging on a cord around my neck. I blow it. It's silent to humans but animals can hear it. And my 'secret' can respond to it.

A whosh of air sweeps through my hair. "Whisp.", I whisper. There she was my best friend, the Lightfury. I found her, or rather I was led to her. Two months, after Da died, wisps led me into the same standing stones where Mum killed Mor'Du. There I saw the most fascinating creature I ever encountered. A glittering, sleek, white dragon with lovely blue eyes. 

I was scared, and so was she

I was scared, and so was she. But the whisps stopped us from fleeing. The whisps led my hand, and led the lightfury's head to touch. I felt something so magical and unexplainable that moment. A whisp floated near my ear, and before it vanished it whispered, "Lightfury dragon."

I named the lightfury, Whisp, after the whisps who led us to become friends. Now Whisp hovered at my window, waiting for me to climb on her back. I leap onto her with ease. I wrapped my arms around her neck. We take off flying into the night. I feel free right now. I laugh as we chase the wind, touching the sky.

Then a familiar sight glowed ahead. Whisps! I urged Whisp forward. We followed the whisps. Suddenly the whisps started to fly faster! "Faster, Whisp!" I cry. We can't let them get away, they may have a solution to the clans problems! Suddenly Whisp blasts a ball of energy and dives straight into it! I scream in shock at the breathtaking speed we were going. Suddenly Whisp slows down. The whisps are gone, and we're flying above an unfamiliar sea. Why would the whisps lead us here?

Author's Note: Merida's appeared! And the lightfury's name is whisp! They will meet Hiccup and Toothless in the next chapter! Hope this was an enjoyable chapter. ☺ 🗡💘🏹