Desperate Denial

Why? Why do the Whisps do this? Scrappy, 'neaky thin's! They appeared to Hiccup, and lead HIM to....ME!

The treacherous things! Ah made it clear ah ain't marryin' 'till ah feel ready! But now...they say me an' Hiccup are fated to be together? Maybe they just mean we'll defeat our common enemy together! But...ah'm clutchin' straws, those whisps mean to bring us together. They led me ta 'im, and 'im ta me.

Ah don't know wha' ta think. Et may not be all dat bad, but...NO! Tha clans'll ne're accept it! An ah worked so hard ta win mah freedom, ah can't lose et now!

"Merida?" The Viking lad interrupted my thoughts. I looked up. "What was that glowing blue...thing? And what do you mean by we're fated to be...together?"

Ah freeze at the question. He's the last person ah want to know abou' wha' the whisps meant. He looks at me expectantly.

I shrug and stand up. There's no way ah'm tellin' 'im. "We need ta 'ead to my castle, before everyone assumes da worst!" 

Hiccup looks disappointed but gets up to follow. Our dragons get up too. 

"No, Whisp, mah sweet lassie. Ye can't let anyone see you. Hiccup, tell Toothless to stay with Whisp at tha Standing Stones."

Hiccup nodded. He scratched Toothless' head. "Bud, stay right her with Whisp. It's too dangerous for you to come. I'll be back,  promise."

The nightfury crooned sadly. Suprisingly, Whisp trotted up to 'im and rubbed her head against his. Toothless smiled and cooed in pleasure. He followed her back to the Standing Stones.

I gestured to Hiccup we should get going. He nodded. We made our way back to Castle DunBroch.

🗡💘🏹

Author's Note: Here's the next chapter! I hope you all enjoyed it. Sorry if it's shorter than usual. The next will be much longer. Thank you. Please vote and comment! 😊