Vikin' Spy

Merida led us through the woods on foot. I tried not to feel uneasy about leaving Toothless behind at the Standing Stones. I also can't stop wondering what those blue orbs meant. Merida obviously knew, but won't tell me. I'm not going to push her, but I hope she will tell me eventually.

We reach a large stone castle fortress. "Wow..." I'm impressed.

Merida suddenly grips my arm. "Hey!" She clamps a hand over my mouth. She makes us duck into a bunch of bushes. 

"Uh...what're you doing."

"Shut it, Hiccup. Ye may 'ave earned mah trust but the clans'll not be as welcomin'. We can't let them know you're a Vikin', much less a chief. For now at least."

What? Oh great? "Okay...so what do we do?"

"Ah'm gonna sneak in an' get ye a kilt. So ye'll look like a proper Scot."

"A 'kilt'?"

"Aye. Untill den, stay 'ere outta sight."

"Wait...you're just leaving me here in the bushes?"

"Aye, ah am. An' don't wander about."

Merida got up and walked to the castle. I sighed. Hopefully she'll be back soon. These bushes are as comfortable as Deathsong amber.

Then I hear this loud thunder of hoofbeats. I duck. Can't let anyone see me till Merida gets me a 'kilt', whatever that is. From my hiding spot, I see three men on horses with no saddles. Two were blond haired and the other a long-haired brunette.

The smallest had buck teeth and for some reason, I could tell he wasn't exactly the most intelligent. 

The largest was hunched over. He reminded me of Fishlegs, except he looked way timider and that's saying something!

The tallest, who was riding at the head, gave off arrogant vibes. His large nose stuck up pompously in the air. He reminded me of Snotlout.

But the most shocking was...they were all wearing SKIRTS!

Wait...are those the 'kilts' Merida was talking about? Oh man! I can't wear something like that! I'm clumsy enough already! And Snotlout and the twins would never let me live it down.

Just then I hear the three guys yelling at each other.

"Ah tell ye both, ah was the rightful winner of that contest! Queen Merida's hand is rightfully mine!" The arrogant guy in red was hollering to his companions, waving his sword in the air.

"Excuse me, but Ethan hit bullseye, Pierre, not you." The bigger blond answers so softly, I had to strain my ears to hear him.

"Hah! A fluke. He only hit et 'cause King Fergus, may he rest in peace, scared 'im silly."

The smaller blond, Ethan, I take it, turned sharply to Pierre.

"Ah, won da tournament! Ah won et 'air an' square!"

Pierre sneared and said, "Is 'at so? Then ye won't mind redoing it again."

"Now?" Ethan squeaked.

Pierre chuckled and handed Ethan a bow and arrow.

"Shoot the middle of that oak." Pierre gestured to the bushes I was hiding in! Uh-oh.

Ethan struggled to notch his arrow, and more so to actually aim. He fired, and missed the tree completely. The arrow sped for my hiding place! Oh man....

The arrow landed solidly on my sholder! I screamed in pain naturally. And of course those three investigate just exactly what kind of idiot would be in the bushes!

"A Vikin' Spy!" Pierre points at me in horror. He and the other two unsheath their swords. 

I unsheath mine, it's lucky I'm left-handed, because the arrows in my right shoulder. Still the odds are really stacked against me. 

"Whoa. I'm not a 'Viking Spy'. Viking, yes. But spy no." I try to reason with them. But nope. They weren't listening. I was tiring fast, my sholder, bleeding from the arrow wound.

Pierre manages to knock away my Inferno Sword. I was close to blacking out. I manage to knock Ethan unconscious, and in desperation, I punch Pierre. I didn't manage to knock him out, but from the sound of his scream, and the look of his nose, I had broken his nose.

Still I was blacking out. Before I completely lost consciousness, I heard Pierre say, "No doubt, this Vikin's the reason for the queen's sudden disappearance. Oh, that's just perfect!

🗡💘🏹

Author's Note: Yay! Much longer chapter this time! Please comment and vote and I also would like to request that you all read RavenDragon643's fanfic: Disneyworks Summer Camp. She is the incredible author of Beauty and the Dragon (You should read that too!😉) , and one of my first readers!