It's Fated

Merida insisted we travel by foot to her castle. Our dragons followed us. Toothless and Whisp couldn't stop making goo-goo eyes at each other. Toothless kept trying to impress her with a weird dance that, I'm sorry, looked really goofy.

"Oi! Get a room, love-birds!" Merida wrinkled her nose.

"I think you mean love-dragons."

"No, I mean love-furies."

"Ah, yeah, yours is probably better."

Whisp suddenly whiped past me to press close to Merida. She gave a look at Toothless that clearly said she was creeped out. 

Toothless tried to get closer to her. "Uh, Bud, maybe you should give her some space." I block his way to Whisp. Toothless whimpered but obeyed.

We walked in silence for awhile. Merida's home was amazing. Their forests were really lush and they had a whole lot more birds.

"We're here." Merida announces suddenly. 

I realize we are at a large circle of rocks. Giant Rocks taller than three men standing on top of each other. "Wow. What is this place?"

Merida had a nostalgic, faraway look in her eyes. "This is where ah changed my fate, and where fate changed me."

I sensed a story, so I sat down to listen. Merida smiled and sat in front of me. Our dragons did the same, lying side by side. 

"When ah was a wee lassie o' sixteen years o' age; mah mother arranged a tournament for mah betrothal."

"What? A contest on who marries you?" That's messed up.

"Aye. Ah dinnae like et. So ah made the contest archery."

"Oh." I think I know why.

"And ah entered the game and out shot mah suitors, they're now the lords of the three other clans."

"That's probably awkward."

"For them."

"Anyways, Mum didnae accept it. We fought, and ah...ran off here."

"Okay...then what'd you do?"

"Actually ah saw a whisp."

"A whisp? You mean Whisp, your dragon?"

Merida shook her her head.

"No, they're glowing, blue spirits who lead ye to yer fate."

"Huh?" I look confused. Spirits? 

Merida shrugged. "They are real. Ah followed them to a witch's cottage. She gave me ah spell in the form of a cake. She said if Mum ate it, it'd change my fate."

My eyes widen. She didn't poison her mom did she?

"Ah gave it to Mum, thinking she'd call off the wedding and send the lords and my suitors home."

"But..."

"She didn't change her mind, she changed into a bear."

"WHAT!?" A bear?! Oh man.

"Ah didnae see et comin'. Me and me mum had tae travel back to find the witch to get the curse undone. We learned the answer in the form of a riddle:

Fate be changed

Look inside

Mend the bond

Torn by pride."

Strange riddle.

"We did figure how to break the spell. And after that, Mum made a decree that ah may marry whom ah choose.

"But two years after, the invaders, Vi-invaders from the north came, things changed again. Da died and my suitors' das. Now we have tae rule taegether. It was when my horse, Angus, died, that the whisps led me to a stage in life.

In this circle of standing stones they showed me my lightfury. And ah named her Whisp for the whisps who led to her." Merida kissed Whisp on her nose.

Wow, Merida really had her share of adventure. 

A whispering noise whistled. Merida gasped, staring wide-eyed at something behind me. I turn and see a glowing blue flame floating in front of me. I reach out to touch it. It dissapears. Then it reappears with a few ahead of it. I crawl to it, transfixed.

The whisps all disappeared, one by one.  Then one remained hovering over Merida's. I hesitate to go forward.

Merida gasped. I look at her muttering things under her breath.

The only thing I caught was "It's fated. We're fated to be a part of one another's life. What does she mean?

Author's Note: I apologise for the wait. I hope you enjoy this. Please comment and favorite. Thank you!