"I Will Destroy Everything You Love"

(Hiccup's P.O.V.) 

My hand was clasped with Merida's hand. She looked at our hands in shock and almost irritation. This is the second time those whisps have made me collide with Merida. It's time for some answers.

"Merida, what are those whisps trying to tell me-us?" 

Merida looks away.

"Please don't ignore my question, Merida. I'm starting to think this is need-to-know information."

Merida sighs and mumbles, "Marriage."

"What?"

"Marriage, Hiccup! Those whisps are telling us et's our destiny to be together as-as husband and wife!"

"What!?"

"Think about et, a Vikin' Chief marries a Scottish Queen, unites their peoples forever, have an heir, happily ever after, blah. Blah. Blah."

I try to process this information. For real? Those whisps thought me and Merida should tie the knot? I don't know how to feel about this...

"Hiccup!" A voice called from above. 

I look up to see Astrid flying on Stormfly. "Astrid?"

"Where've you been? Berk's under attack we need you!"

Oh boy.

I mount Toothless, Merida silently mounted Whisp. All three of us fly back to Berk. "Not that I object to extra help, but why is the queen coming?"

Merida glared at Astrid. "She's here to help, and she also will need our help." I answer. "But we can discuss that later."

We come back to find Berk under sige, surrounded by the Warlords Armada and Grimmel's deathgrippers! 

"No!" I cry. I rush into the battle. Astrid follows me. I look back, and see Merida staring at the battle. She seemed spaced out, but then she pulled out her bow and arrow and followed into the battle with a fierce war cry.

"Give it all you got, Bud!" Toothless plasma blasted two ships at once. I rode through the flames, unsinged due to my dragon-scale armor. 

I noticed both Berk's fleet and Alvin's fleet, holding back the armada from Berk's shores. The twins, Fishlegs, and Snotlout flew past me, setting ships on fire, causing the aboard to jump off the ships.

Dagur and his sons were fighting deathgrippers in the air, yelling the famous Beserker war cry. The Wingmaidens were flying, taking out the archers and balistas on the warships.

I saw Heather and Astrid fighting side by side. Mom, Gobber, and Eret lead the A-Team to fight the airships of Grimmel. Not to mention, all the dragons we've rescued.

I saw Merida, shooting her bow, as Whisp blasted down catapults. "You're running out of arrows!" I call to her. Merida had only three left.

Merida swooped down to a burning warship. "Merida!!!"

She snatched an enemy archer's quiver of arrows, and continued firing. She smirked at me. I playfully roll my eyes.

"Chief Hiccup Haddock the Third!" A silky voice purrs. I turn Toothless around to see Grimmel the Grisly on his deathgripper airship.

"Grimmel." I growl.

"I warned you what would happen should you fail to turn over your nightfury."

"And I recall telling you, I'll never give him up."

"Do you recall what I promised if you don't? I will destroy everything you love."

Grimmel whips out a crossbow and fires at Toothless!

The arrow hit!

But not Toothless. Because Whisp had swooped in the way, taking the arrow for Toothless.

Whisp plunged toward the sea, and Merida as well.

"Merida!" I yell. Toothless roars after Whisp. Grimmel laughs in amusement.

I pull out a canister of Zippleback gas, throw it at Grimmel's airship, and light it!

Toothless and I swoop in to save Whisp and Merida. Toothless grips Whisp in his claws. I catch Merida in my arms. Both dragon and dragon rider are unconscious. The armada's retreating, but no one's cheering.

How could we? Our fleets practically in shambles,and our island's in flames. Berk's not safe anymore.

🗡💘🏹

Author's Note: YAY! Another chapter down! I hope you all enjoyed this one. Please tell me in your comments. Also vote and share! Thank you!!!