Efforts

Kim Taehyung POV

Time went by so fast that the minute I fell asleep, the next thing I know I'm awake and is sitting on a high chair, getting my make-up done in the waiting room. The time that Namjoon-hyung bought for me to rest felt like seconds as I still feel exhausted. As the make-up artist was done with me, I changed into the clothes directed by my stylist. Then I was ushered to the tent to meet with my co-hosts and the crew. On the way to the tent, I was at awe as I saw that the arena is really packed with fans waiting to see their idol. Some screamed to greet to which I waved back to them.

As I enter the tent, I saw Jinyoung-ssi practicing his lines by himself while the crew are all busy with the preparations. I was about to approach him when my manager asked me to go with him for me to meet the CEO of the SBS Company. Manager-nim introduced me to him and we began talking about the event and possible shows in the future. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Jisoo-ssi enter the tent. She looks very pretty with light make-up on, since she doesn't really need it as she is very gorgeous just the way she is. She waved at me with a smile then she went to talk to Jinyoung-ssi.

My attention was brought back to the men before me as my manager nudged me discretely in the side.  "Yes,sir" I said abruptly.

"It was nice meeting you, Kim Taehyung. I hope that we could get you and your group to get featured in some of our shows". He said.

"Thank you for the opportunity, Sir." I bowed. "I also look forward to my group guesting at your programs. Thank you for the offers, Sir." I added while offering my hand for a handshake to which he complied.

After the talk, I approached my two co-hosts.
"V-ssi! Here are your cue cards. Director-nim reprinted the script with the changes on, so that we won't be using our previous copies" Jinyoung-ssi said to me.

"Thank you Jinyoung-ssi. I'll review it as we wait for the cue" I said.

"We don't have time for reviewing. We'll be heading up in 4 minutes, Taehyung-ssi." Jisoo-ssi replied.

"4 minutes? Really?" I asked and blinked in shock.

"Yeah. Since these are different from what we used during practice, I'll keep an eye on your cards so that errors could be averted. Don't worry, Taehyung-ssi we got your back" Jisoo-ssi said with an assuring tone.

"We'll help you V-ssi. I think we can pull all this off." Jinyoung-ssi added.

I sighed. "Thank you for being patient with me. I really appreciate you both. Good luck with your performances later, I'll be cheering you on. I'll just sit down for a moment and scan these cue cards while I still have 2 minutes left" I said.

I sat down at the bench and was scanning all the cue cards to see how the flow will be. Then Jisoo-ssi approached me and gave me juice. "You look really tired yet we haven't really started. Here, drink this maybe it can give you energy. Don't worry later. We'll help you really." She said firmly.

"Thank you Jisoo-ssi. Thank you for everything" I said to her to which I earned a soft smile from her. She was about to say something when suddenly we were directed to go out to the stage now.

She exited and was ushered first by security. As I was walking towards the stage, I can't help but feel the love from the many fans who gathered here today. A surge of energy came by me even if I was really really tired. I thought to myself that I need to mask my tiredness because these fans made great efforts to see their idols. And I don't want to waste their efforts and disappoint them, so I need to give my all to this show even if I am drained.

As the spotlight was then brought to me and my co-hosts, I saw Jisoo-ssi smile in the corner of my eye as she is ready for the camera to air. As much as I would want to look at Jisoo-ssi with that pretty smile of hers, I need to be careful as to not make suspicious moves to her to get fans generate rumors.

With a signal from the stage manager that we are about to air in 5 seconds. I breathed in and out to release the tension that I am feeling. Soon, the program then started.

The night progressed and the program has so far went smoothly. I was really thankful with how Jinyoung-ssi and Jisoo-ssi are as co-workers here. Jisoo-ssi would always look to check at my cue cards if I were at the correct card. While Jinyoung-ssi would help me in times that adlibs are needed. The crew are very helpful also as they are always prepared with water to drink and tissue for sweating. The program staff itself is just compact.

When it was Blackpink's turn to perform, I was excited to see what they have in store for the crowd. As the lights went on, I was amazed by how great they are. I was awestruck by how Jisoo-ssi is a different person onstage and in person. Nevertheless, she still remains to be very beautiful. Her vocals were stable despite of the choreography that looks very tiring. Her group really is unique. No wonder they earned the title of a monster rookie group back then. By the second half of their set, I found myself dancing to their songs as I enjoy myself in their set. As their set ended, I applauded them for doing a great job.

After introducing the next act, I went back to the tent to wait for my next cue. When I entered, I saw Jisoo-ssi getting her foot bandaged. I approached her to ask what happened. She answered with a shy smile " I kind of overdid myself awhile ago."

"You need to be careful next time. Don't push your limits so much. Can you stand? Let me help you—" I asked as I crouch down to help her.

"Ya Kim Taehyung-ah I'm not crippled okay so chill. And with the many fans that came here today, I think seeing their happy faces and to know that they enjoyed your group is pretty much worth getting a sprain. I need to exert twice as much effort than what they did to come here. I just want them to go home satisfied with the performance their idol gave" she said with a smile as she looks into my eyes.

"Wow. You really are something, Jisoo-ssi" I said to her while gazing at her eyes.

"You really need to rest, Taehyung-ssi. You need to have your face retouched as your eyebags are really prominent" she said firmly while she patted my shoulder.

I covered my eyes instantly and she chuckled. Then stood up to go to the make-up station to have my face retouched.