Red

Kim Jisoo POV

After getting myself injured, I was then mostly accompanied by manager-nim in the tent and also getting to the stage that I didn't have the time to hang out with Jinyoung-ssi and Taehyung-ssi.

Occassionally, Taehyung-ssi would steal glances at me which I return with a smile every so often. But his glances were full of concern and tiredness written all over his eyes.  As it was Jinyoung-ssi's turn to perform nears in time, it was me and Taehyung-ssi's turn then to take over the hosting stage. Hosting with him went smoothly as our chemistry seems to kick in place. I appreciate his effort on showing the audience his personality on stage which makes me smile everytime. However, as I steal glances at the video prompter, I can see the tiredness written all over his eyes that brings me the need to uplift and help him with the process. At our last part together as a pair, we were directed to head over the stage in advance.

My manager ushered me 5 minutes earlier to the stage as it would be difficult for me to walk as I was still trying to adapt with the sprain I gotten myself into. A few minutes later, Taehyung-ssi arrived. I wanted to make small talk with him but then I remembered that many are watching right now so its better to be cautious with my actions. While we wait for our cue, I decided to look at the crowd behind me, and to my surprise the ARMYs gave me a warm welcome as they waved to me to say hello using their lightsticks, some yelled my name even. I smiled at them and waved back. I was so touched by their gesture that I wanted to tell Taehyung-ssi that his fans are very sweet and inviting. But as I was about to tell him, the director cued in that they will be airing in 5 seconds. I just smiled and waved once more to the crowd before beginning the segment once more with Taehyung-ssi.

As we were about to introduce Jinyoung-ssi's group, I decided to put a little twist with the script by doing a little aegyo to cheer him on. To my surprise, Taehyung-ssi played along which made me smile a lot. By the time the lights went out to focus on Jinyoung-ssi's stage, I told Taehyung-ssi with a smile "Thank you for that aegyo, Kim Taehyung" to which he chuckled.

"Im not doing that again. You look cute doing it but I look weird" He said as he shakes his head. I chuckled while covering my face with a cue card as a need to be cautious because of the fans behind me might misunderstood.

"Don't worry, you still look cool" I said as I smile through his sudden shyness.

As we were directed to go back to the tent, I wondered why he still hasn't gone down first. But then he was being a gentleman as he waited for me to get down first as I was being assisted by my manager due to my sprain. I wanted to talk to him more but my manager kept me from doing so as we proceed to the tent. However, he was speed walking to catch up to my pace even averting his own manager.

As he caught up, he started to talk to me.

"You don't plan any more aegyos do you?" He asked.

I laughed at his question and answered. "No, that would be cringey. The only thing I plan for us to do is the 'nyeongan' being added to our closing remarks"

He laughed back. We then entered the tent and went to the bench to sit and he suddenly asked: "Does your ankle still hurts?"

"Not really. What will hurt me is if you don't agree to add 'Nyeongan' to the last part of the script" I said while I nudged him with my elbow.

He laughed and told me "You don't get tired saying that word do you?" He chuckled once more.

"I'll never get tired of it as long as people smile whenever I say it" I said as I look at him. Then a thought popped up in my head, so I asked him "After this event, could you do me a favor?"

A concerned look at his face began to mask. "Depends on the favor you are about to ask. What is it?" He said.

"Take a 10 hour rest after this show." I said out of concern.

"Why do you suddenly care so much for me, Jisoo-ssi?" He asked me as he looked into my eyes with an arch brow. I went red as I was trying to process what I should say but I only got to blurt out "Uhmm. Were friends remember? I look out for friends just as how I want them look after me". He chuckled.

"10 hours seem so long for me to take a rest" He then said.

"Then how about 9 hours? Just please take a rest after the show" I retorted.

"I'll definitely take a rest after this show, don't worry" He said with a soft smile. "I don't think I can go on for another day if I wouldn't rest." He added.

"You really are exhausted Kim Taehyung. But I admire how you still manage even in this messy state of yours." I said.

We were then silent for a moment. Then Taehyung-ssi's manager came in to direct him backstage to change for his set. As he stood up to go, he tossled my hair once more and said "You are very red right now, Jisoo-ssi. You look really cute."

I blushed harder by his remarks. And as he was about to exit the tent, I told him "Ya Kim Taehyung-ah! Good luck at your performance later!!". He winked and peaced out in return.