Amazed

Kim Taehyung POV

The day that I finally get to see her again arrived. Right now, I'm feeling so much butterflies in my stomach as I am confused on whether I should feel nervous or excited. I texted her that I'll pick her up at the end of her street in 2 minutes. As I park at a corner near the pickup spot, my mind froze as I haven't thought about the words I'd say to her when she enters.

"Anneyong Jisoo-ssi, happy birthday"

"Nyeongannn and happy birthday Jisoo-ssi"

"Jisoo-ssi, happy birthday"

I was rehearsing on how I would look cool to her when a knock at the passenger window suddenly surprised me. Apparently, it was Jisoo-ssi. I quickly unlocked the door so that she could get in as it is very cold outside.

"Wow its been a while, mr. Most handsome face of 2018" . I laughed as she said it with a wink. I was also mesmerized once more as it has been awhile since I saw that smile of hers personally.

I was flustered by what she said and all I can muster in return was "Happy birthday".

She smiled at me then enthusiastically said "C'mon lets get going, Taehyungie. I can't wait to see what you have in store for us".

I chuckled and tried my best impression of a soldier
by saying with a salute"Yes, Mam, yes.". I also tried mimicking Siri by saying "In 15 minutes you will arrive at your destination. Drive safely and relax".

My efforts weren't wasted as she continues to laugh and laugh. I smiled to myself as I missed the sight of seeing her bright smile and laugh personally. The conversation never seem to end with us as we catch up with each other. As I drive near to the destination, I almost forgot to ask her "Jisoo-ya, how did you know that I was in this car? I was suppose to text you before you knocked"

"I was waiting on the bench when I saw a car with its headlights on despite it being parked, but then I realized maybe it was you since people are already quiet in this neighborhood in this hour" She answered.

"How long did you have to wait? I'm really sorry about that. It won't happen nexttime" I said apologetically to her.

"Yah, it's okay. I was way too excited that I went there 5 minutes earlier than the time we have set. So you don't have to feel sorry for me, okay? You also don't have anything to apologize for" she said with a reassuring tone patting my shoulder which made me smile at her.

"Okay. We've reached our destination's location. I'll just park the car over there and we'll walk towards the destination in this street." I said to her.

"Okay" she said as she makes an okay sign. I laughed at her and how our personalities seem to click and vibe on its own. After parking, we walked to the street where the store shops are all closed and were only left with the lights shown by the light posts. Halfway through the walking, she asked me with a sudden seriousness "Kim Taehyung, are we there yet?".

"We are. Just a few more blocks" I answered. We walked further then I guided her to enter a closed building then towards a big room. Little does she know that this is where the surprise begins.

"Ya Taehyung-ah where are we? Could you switch on the lights?" She asks. And just in cue, I switched it on. And I watch as her face transforms with a series of expressions showing the shock and happiness that is written all over it. As the lights and the electricity went on completely, the sight of an arcade full of games and activities is in place.

"You really outdid yourself, Kim Taehyung. Truly, I am still processing everything. How on earth did you have the time to find this or arrange all this?"