chapter 30. ♡

chinsun lay awake in her bed. she was thinking of random embarrassing thoughts (who doesn't) that happened years ago, some weeks ago, some days ago.

she recalled what had happened the night of her and youngmin's date.

"hi, my name is im youngmin." the boy introduced. "i'm bae chinsun!" she happily replied back.

he had a big smile, small eyes, and a charming aura. however, something about him made chinsun feel weird. something was off about the older boy.

the two ordered and when chinsun's food came, she quickly ate, and thanked youngmin for the meal, before running outside to find a taxi.

days later, she figured out what was so 'off' about the male. he was inhee's cousin. shivers ran down her spine at the thought of inhee.

her mind suddenly went to beomgyu. tears formed in her eyes. 'i miss you, gyu.' she thought aloud.

beomgyu, who lives next door, had his bedroom window open that night. he wasn't tired, so he walked to his balcony. he looked out into chinsun's room. her window was open as well, but the girl was laying in her bed. he heard her faint whispering, "i miss you gyu."

beomgyu, realizing she was awake decided to sing for her.

"i can see, even if you're not in front of me.
i feel you, even if you don't say a word.
because i believe in you, even if i'm anxious.

i can touch, even if you're not in front of my eyes.
i reach, even if you leave for somewhere far from me.
even with just the memories, my heart is always dancing, like back then.

i want to be your nap so that i can dream with you anytime.
as if nothing happened.
a sun- setting evening, and a darkened night sky, both have my heart full of you."

(txt- nap of a star)

beomgyu stopped singing, after he noticed chinsun's breath slow down and get steadier. he smiled to himself and made his way to his own bed. "goodnight, chinsun." beomgyu said, before falling fast asleep.

"goodnight beomgyu."