Chapter 3

-Lin's POV-

"What do you wanna do?" I asked him back.

"I dunno. I wanted to read some books, but since there are both of us, reading books will be kinda boring for you I think. So you pick what we should do." Puro replied.

"Hmm..." I thought for a moment. "Wanna go check on Dr. K? He might be a bit lonely, being by himself in the tower..." I said.

"But, what if he gets disturbed by us?" Puro asked.

"Eh, he'll walk it off. Don't worry 'bout that. Now come on. Lets go!" I said, grabbing Puro's hand and walking out the door.

We walked for a while. We knew the route to the tower pretty well, and by we, I mean only myself, not Puro. He keeps on going ahead of me and go in the wrong direction. I had to correct him numerous times. He's a little silly, but that's why I love hi- wait, do I love him? I know I have a crush, but do I actually love Puro? Actually, I think I do. My mood would have been down if it weren't for his company. Me having no family and no friends would probably just make me give up... But with Puro, I feel this strange happiness... My tail always wags when I'm near him. Whenever he is close to me, I blush a little. Still a mystery how he never saw me blushing... Anyways we're getting off-topic.

 We finally reach the tall tower, the place where Puro used to call home, and the place where I was kept for 5 years... 

We walked towards the entrance and opened it .Ever since we left the tower, K always leaves it unlocked, so we entered the tower without any difficulty.

We saw Dr. K sitting, his back turned to us. He heard our footsteps and turned around.

"Oh. You came back. What do you need?" K asked us.

"Oh, we're just bored. Anyway, what'cha doin'?" I said.

"Can't you see? Resting" K replied.

"Do you wanna play something with us? We got some games back at our house! You wanna come?" I asked him.

"No" He responded.

"Aww... but why?" Puro asked, disappointed.

 "Because I have many things to take care off and this is one of the few times I take rest and I don't want to waste it on you two" He said.

We looked at him with a sad expression. "Fine..." I said in a disappointed way. We turned back around and slowly started walking out the building.

"Wait" We heard behind us. We turned around and saw Dr. K coming towards us, without his gas mask, surprisingly. "Fine. I'll come with you two"

"Really?!" Puro cried.

"Yes" K replied, his emotionless face still not even turning into a small smile.

"Yay!" We both shouted, pouncing on him and hugging him.  We lost our balance and all three of us fell down on the floor.

"Ow!" K shouted. We both got up and helped K to get up. "Don't do that again!" He scolded us.

"Sorry" Me and Puro apologized. I looked at him. He does not seem mad though.. He was actually smiling a little! That was the first time we ever saw him smile! 

"Umm... Dr.K.... are you smiling?" Puro asked him.

K's smile dropped and he blushed a little. "W-what?! No! I wasn't smiling! You kids imagine weird stuff... Now, come on. Let's go." He said, walking out the building. We followed him. "Now, take me to your house" He told us.

"Come on, let's go!" Puro exclaimed, running left.

"Puro! That's the wrong direction!" I cried.

"Wha?!" Puro turned back. 

"It's this way" I said, pointing right.

"Oh... yeah..." He said, walking back, his face red with embarrassment.

We, and again, by we I mean I, led the way to our house as K followed us. We walked for a good time. K was looking at all the damaged buildings here and there. Some of them were in a decent condition, while others were totally demolished. He still had that emotionless face.

We finally reached our home. We opened the door and let K in.

"Hmmm.... This place looks very tidy for only a couple of kids living here." K said.

"Thanks!" I said.

K sighed and sat down on the sofa. "So, what are we gonna play?" He asked.

"How about some monopoly?" I asked, picking up the monopoly box from the shelf.

"Really? We just started becoming friends with each other, at least, you two did, and you want to destroy that friendship you had?" K asked, sighing again.

"C'mon! It won't be that bad! What's the worst that could happen?" I replied.

"I see that you have never played a real monopoly game before..." K said softly so that I can't hear him. But I did.

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean?!" I cried.

"Nothing. Let's just start" K said, getting up.

"Umm guys? I dunno how to play..." Puro said.

"Oh yeah right, we need to explain the rules to Puro..." I said. Me and K explained to Puro how to play monopoly for a good 10 minutes. Finally, he seemed to understand the basics of monopoly. So we set everything up, distributed the money, put our coins on the starting point, and were ready to start.

"Let hell commence" K said.

---------------------------XXXXXXXXXXXXXX------------------------

Hi guys!

Sorry I haven't updated some time! My internet sucks... And I'm lazy.... You guys know why, So why do I need to tell you? So, thanks for reading and always remember  to stay fluffy!

-yourbasicguy aka Wolfier