Chapter 8

Here we were, lying on the hill. All three of us - Dr.K, Puro and I- were enjoying the cool breeze while the entire town is deserted.

"Hey K," I called him.

"What?" Came his reply.

"Where are those 'Elites' living in?" I asked him.

"Oh, them? They're living somewhere near the outskirts. I already rationed out the food to them, and it seems that they have enough food to last for... at least a year I guess, So I don't really need to worry much." He replied.

Puro stretched his black body. "Haah... the outside world is so.. Pleasant... Puro loves it here ..." He said. Aww, he's so cute!

I just hummed in response, looking at the sky. The clouds went peacefully over us. The birds were flying above. Everything seemed so peaceful.

I remember when my family and I used to come here. We used to come here for small picnics in the weekends.

My mother and her famous sandwiches. My father and his not-so-fun dad jokes. My sister and brother with their constant squabbles. I missed them...

"Hey Lin, are you crying?" I heard Puro ask me with concern.

"Huh?" I didn't know what he meant by that. I put my paw to my cheek, and sure enough, the fur was wet and matted over there...

"Oh, that? Don't worry. I was just... reminiscing about my family," I replied, wiping my cheek with my arm.

"Oh... Okay then..." Puro replied.

I turned back around and stared at the sky again.

I wonder if anyone in my family happened to be one of those Elites...

-------------------------XXXXXX---------------------

Hey fluffbuckets!

I'm so sorry for a short chapter! I was busy with school, and right now as I'm writing this, I'm having my exams. So, I just wanted to finish this chapter fast so that I could start preparing for my next exam. Sorry!

Anyways, thanks for reading and remember to stay fluffy!

-yourbasicguy aka Wolfier