An Upgrade

Lisa pushed open the doors to her walk-in closet and stepped inside. It was filled with plenty of clothes, mostly casual. There were tons of hoodies, t-shirts, jeans and a few laid-back dresses, all of them from cheap brands.

At the very back of the nearest clothes rack, she spotted a formal dress. It was the only formal dress she owned. Unfortunately, it was an ugly shade of yellow and extremely tacky. She smacked her forehead wondering why she would buy a horrendous dress and then she recalled...

In her previous life, she got word that the upcoming party would have plenty of socialites, celebrities and important people so she had gone shopping nearly two weeks before with a woman she considered as her friend... Jooe.

'Ahh, Jooe.' Lisa thought, smirking.

Jooe was glued to Lisa's hips when they were in college up until now. Lisa thought they were friends but upon remembering how she was tricked by Jooe into wearing such a hideous dress... That woman was anything but an ally.

Lisa scowled at her stupidity. Back then, she was too naive to see that Jooe only befriended her because of her money.

Lisa's family, in truth, was not lacking money thanks to her father. Although the man went and performed a disappearing act on them, he didn't leave his family with nothing. He left a few properties in his wife's name and millions of dollars in each of his family member's bank account.

Few people knew that though, because Lisa's family never really flaunted how much money they had. That was one of the reasons why the Parks were not at the top of the social ladder.

Because Lisa thought Jooe was her friend, naturally, she told her this. Jooe was shocked at how loaded Lisa was. She stuck to Lisa like glue, free-loading off of her every chance she could. Jooe did not come from a rich family so when Lisa saw Jooe eyeing stuff like Chanel, Dior or Gucci, she would sometimes buy them for her friend as thank you gifts. She did not know back then how Jooe laughed at how easy she was to trick and secretly envied and hated her.

Of course, now that she knew...

Lisa's eye squinted and she grabbed the dress to throw it away.

'I'd die before wearing this dress in this lifetime.' She thought but an idea popped in her head.

Smiling mischievously to herself, she put it back on the rack.

'I need an upgrade.'

Lisa took off her oversized shirt and cotton shorts and changed into a white dress. It was a basic white dress and it flowed down to her knees. She slipped into a simple pair of beige wedges she didn't even know she owned, grabbed her purse and went downstairs.

"Mom, I'm going out! I need to buy something to wear for the party!" Lisa shouted. She heard a muffled "Okay. Keep safe!" from the living room before heading out the door.

Lisa skipped happily to her Mini Cooper but was blocked by two men dressed in black suits. They would've easily intimidated anyone else, but not Lisa.

"Vernon, Mingyu." She greeted the bodyguards hired by Grandpa Jeon.

At first, she didn't want any bodyguards. It creeped her out just thinking about two guys following her everywhere. However, Grandpa Jeon argued it was for her protection. He needed to be sure she was safe and so he sent two of his personal bodyguards. Lisa didn't want to keep the old man worrying about her so she gave in.

The men continued to stare ahead.

Lisa crossed her arms over her chest. "I need my car."

"Miss Lalisa," Vernon was now looking at the future lady boss. "May we know where you're going?"