The Talk

Because I went back to work, I don't have much time to write so I won't be able to update a lot.

It sux 🍑 being broke. 😭

___

On one side of the room, by the floor-to-ceiling glass window of a spacious private office, stood a man whose dark eyes were staring at nothing in particular outside. There were plenty of things running inside his head...

Some of them about work, most of them about a certain woman with bright orange hair.

A soft click sounded, disrupting the man from his thoughts. His secretary closed the door softly before respectfully bowing towards the man although said man would not be able to see since he had his back towards the newcomer.

"Boss..."

Jeon Jungkook tilted his head to the side, not facing his secretary but acknowledging him nonetheless. The sunlight coming from the window made it hard for Lee Kwangsoo to see his boss clearly. He could only squint and make out the shadow of his boss's side profile.

"I went to MJS to do what you asked of me but unexpectedly, Ms. Lalisa was also there to do the same thing."

There was a slight change in Jungkook's stony expression.

So his fiancé had gone to MJS to ask his cousins to make a statement in order for her to clear her name?

"And was she able to?"

"Yes. She had no problem convincing your second eldest cousin." Secretary Lee answered.

Jungkook turned to face the window again.

It wouldn't be hard for Lisa to convince Jung Hoseok. His cousin, although rarely did he interact with and see Lisa because he frequently went overseas, was incredibly fond of the woman. Possibly, as much as Grandpa Jeon was.

Thinking about how close his older cousin and fiancé was, he unconsciously frowned.

"And Min Yoongi?" Jungkook inquired.

"Miss Park was also able to persuade your eldest cousin without much effort on her part, Sir." Secretary Lee informed. "She was able to provide evidence to refute the accusations towards her and her bodyguard. Miss Park was also able to save her bodyguards from being punished and... Ahem... dealt with."

"She was able to convince even Yoongi hyung?" There was a hint of surprise in his tone.

"Uhm... Yes, Sir. She uhm... cried, Sir."

A bead of sweat dropped from Kwangsoo's forehead. Miss Park's fake tears were able to save her bodyguards from the wrath of the merciless Min Yoongi. Although it was the truth, it sounded completely absurd to anybody who knew Grandpa Jeon's grandchildren.

If he had not been there, he would have never believed it.

Jungkook's lips curled into a small smile in amusement. His fiancé was really something. How in the world did she know that Min Yoongi was weak against women's tears? Well, women from the family, that is.

A thought occured to him.

So, somehow, despite how cold Yoongi was towards Lisa, his stubborn eldest cousin already saw Lisa as somewhat part of their family.

Unbelievable.

Also, it turned out that Lisa did not need his help at all. She never did. Except for taking down those videos of her on the internet where she was face-slapping other women, Jungkook did not need to do anything else. His fiancé could look after herself and fight her own battles.