An Angel

"It's nearly 2 o'clock in the afternoon." Sandara reminded her youngest daughter upon finding her in the garden. "Shouldn't you start preparing for the party?"

Lisa was currently having snacks while watching Nana help the gardener tend to the flowers. It was a peaceful day. The kind of day that made a person want to laze around and not leave the house...

'That party is too important. I can be a sloth tomorrow.' She thought, grabbing a macaroon and putting it in her mouth.

"The party starts at 6, mom. I still have a lot of time to get ready." Lisa poured herself a glass of juice and took a sip.

"You do not!" Dara placed both hands on her hips, frowning at Lisa. "You still have to soak in the bath, do your hair, make up, nails..." She started to nag.

Lisa drowned her mother's voice out as she ate, thinking about the event she was going to attend later.

The party for the opening of Kim International Corporation's new hotel was a great chance for Lisa to make connections with powerful people. She should not waste it. According to her invite, it was going to be held at the said new hotel and there would be plenty of influential people attending, from celebrities to business men.

Also, it was a good opportunity for her to face-slap a frenemy.

She'd be killing two birds with one stone!

"Park Lalisa, are you even listening to me?" Her mother huffed. "Won't your fiancé be picking you up at 5 p.m?" She asked.

"Nope." She replied, popping the "p" and finishing the last macaroon along with the juice.

Sandara cocked her head to the side. "What? But Grandpa Jeon called earlier to say that Jungkook will definitely be picking you up..."

"He's not picking me up, mother." Lisa checked the time on her phone. "He's sending me his limo though."

Lisa was sure he was sending her his limo. That was what happened before, anyway.

A maid came out from the house. "Young mistress, the beauticians you called have arrived."

"Beauticians?"

Lisa stood up and grinned at her mother. "I've got everything under control, mother." She then said to the maid, "Hyejin, please bring some snacks and drinks to my room."

The maid excused herself and rushed inside.

Park Sandara watched her daughter skip inside their home. Nana approached her and chuckled at her perplexed expression.

"The young miss seems to be a lot cheerful these days." Nana said, removing her gardening gloves.

"Nana, I can't quite explain it but Lisa seems a bit different... Don't you think so?"

There was a mysterious glint in Nana's eyes but it was gone as fast as it appeared. "You're overthinking, dear. Here, have some juice."

"Wow, boss! This house is even better on the inside than it is on the outside!" The nail technician whispered to her boss.

She, her boss and the make up artist admired the interior of Lisa's home as they stood in the middle of the living room.

"Hello!" Lisa greeted, making them jump up in surprise. "Thank you for coming today! I appreciate it."

"Ms. Park?" The boss inquired.

Lisa waved her hands, "No formalities please. Just call me Lisa."

The man bowed and then flashed her a grateful smile. The others followed. "Thank you, Lisa!"

His beauty salon hadn't been doing great these days. He wasn't making as much money as he used to when they first opened. There was barely enough money in his bank account to pay his employees. To him, Lisa was an angel sent from above. She had paid him a huge amount of money for a complete beauty package.