Party (1)

"Excuse me, can we please use the back entrance?" Lisa asked the driver when they were a minute away from their destination.

"Of course, Ms. Park."

Lisa let out a small breath of relief. The front entrance was littered with paparazzi and reporters. She was no socialite and people did not know she was Jungkook's fiancé. She would only be embarrassing herself walking down the red carpet at the front entrance when she was a nobody... Like she had done back then.

Lisa's hands that were on her lap balled into fists.

In her past life, Jooe told her it was okay to go through the front entrance and, like an idiot, she listened. The paparazzi stopped taking photos, curious as to who she was and made fun of her and her ugly yellow dress. Her 'friend' was really determined to make her look bad.

Lisa sneered. She was going to make sure to give Jooe a taste of the humiliation she suffered.

The limousine drove past the front entrance and around the hotel, followed by the white Volkswagen driven by Lisa's bodyguards.

They came to a stop and the driver got out. He walked around the front of the car and opened the door for the blonde woman. She held her hand out and the driver immediately took it and helped her climb out. After thanking the driver, Lisa walked towards Mingyu and Vernon who were a few feet away.

"Are you both going to be at the party?" She asked as she approached them.

"We'll only be escorting you there, Miss Lalisa." Mingyu said and offered the lady boss his arm, which surprised Lisa.

What an un-bodyguard-ish gesture. However, Lisa took it as Mingyu being friendly.

Was this a sign that he was finally warming up to her?

Lisa flashed him a dazzling smile before holding onto his arm.

"Been working out, I see." She joked.

The faint pink tint on Mingyu's cheeks betrayed his expressionless face.

'This idiot really wants to die. If he gets caught by the boss...' Vernon shuddered at the thought then followed the two inside the hotel. He made a mental note to give Mingyu a lecture about being friendly with the lady boss, especially in public.

Lisa handed the female hotel employee her invitation and she was directed to the top floor of the luxury hotel. Outside the glass doors to the pool area, Lisa let go of her bodyguard's arm.

"Wish me luck!"

'For what? It's a party.' Vernon thought but of course didn't say it out loud.

"Good luck, Ms. Lalisa."

'You idiot.' Vernon's right eye twitched. He should smack Mingyu upside the head, then maybe his friend's brain would start working again.

Mingyu elbowed Vernon's side. The latter saw Lisa staring at him as if waiting for him to do something. He then realized what she wanted.

Their lady boss was such a child.

"Good luck."

Lisa beamed at him. "See you later!"

The blonde was oblivious to all the attention she managed to attract once she stepped inside the venue. Lisa's doe eyes scanned the place and brightened upon finding what they usually first looked for in these parties...

The buffet table.

'Old habits die hard, I guess.' She thought to herself.

She walked towards the table, making sure to stay as far away from the swimming pool as possible. She did not trust herself with the four inch heels she was wearing.