Sisterly Love

"Chae!" The food on Lisa's lap almost spilled on her bed when she sat up straight.

Chaeyoung smiled at the sound of Lisa's voice. "Hey, baby sister!"

"I miss you..." Lisa swallowed and felt her eyes sting a bit.

In her past life, Chae did not like Jeon Jungkook at all. Because Chaeyoung expressed her dislike for Jungkook openly, Lisa had gotten angry. The siblings got into a huge fight, words that hurt and couldn't be taken back were said. They never reconciled.

She traded her sister for a man who did not even care about her.

That's one more thing to add to her list of mistakes made due to stupidity.

"Are you okay, Lisa?" Concern laced Chae's voice. "What happened? Why do you sound like you're about to cry?"

"It's this drama I'm watching. It's making me emotional." Lisa lied.

"Oh, okay." Chae was a bit skeptical but she let it go.

Her younger sister didn't cry as easily as she did. That must have been one sad korean drama.

"I missed you too! Everybody!" Chaeyoung exclaimed.

Lisa scoffed. "If that's true, why haven't you been answering any of mom's calls?"

"She calls whenever I'm busy doing something! I wasn't ignoring her!"

Lisa noticed Chaeng was slightly upset but still asked, "What about our chats, huh? I understand why you'd leave mom on seen but why me?!"

Chae grimaced. "That, I'm guilty about. I always tell myself to reply later but I keep forgetting."

Lisa hmph-ed, making Chaeyoung release a short sigh.

"Stop being mad, Lisa. Wanna meet up?"

"What?" Lisa grew excited.

Chaeyoung lived in an apartment of her own quite far from their family home and Lisa's apartment. They used to meet all the time before, but it gradually became less and less of an occurence when she got engaged.

She was meeting Chae for the first time since she... traveled back in time. I guess that's what one could call it. Lisa wanted to see her sister immediately.

"I'm here at the café where we always binge on sweets."

Lisa turned off her laptop and got off the bed. "Be there in fifteen!"

"Okay! See you!" Chae ended the call.

Lisa ran to her closet and hurriedly changed into a pastel blue button up crop top, a fitted pair of high-waist jeans in black and black low-cut boots. After tying her hair into a messy side braid, she grabbed her purse and snuck out of the house.

She didn't want Vernon and Mingyu hanging around when she was catching up with her sister. Chae might feel awkward. So, Lisa had to unleash her inner ninja and escape her bodyguards.

In fifteen minutes flat, Lisa arrived at Sweet Tooth café. She was greeted by the delightful smell of freshly-baked bread and coffee which made her mouth water a little.

Near the window, she spotted a woman with wavy red hair. She had on a floral printed dress and cream colored pumps. Everything about her was gentle and feminine, very much like a person who could easily evoke the protective nature of anyone.

Lisa smiled as she gazed at her older sister. There wasn't a day when Chae did not look absolutely beautiful.

From her peripheral vision, Chaeyoung saw someone approaching so she turned her head slightly.