Golden Era (2)

"Ms. Park Lalisa?"

When Lisa heard the receptionist call her name, she immediately shoved the burger wrapper and the empty cup of juice in Bambam's hands.

"Throw this away for me, Bammie. Thanks! You're a sweetheart!"

"Yah, Lalisa!" Bambam had no choice because he was already holding her trash. "Aish! You better treat me to something expensive when your interview goes well!"

Lalisa replied by grinning widely at him as she walked in the direction of the reception desk.

There, a woman in her early thirties wearing a pantsuit was talking to the receptionist. She seemed like a very strict and serious person. When she turned to Lisa, she flashed the blonde woman a tight smile.

"Hello, Ms. Park. I am Ms. Yang." The woman bowed. After Lisa bowed back, the older woman spoke again in her monotone voice. "Follow me please."

Lisa shot the receptionist a look, who smiled at her reassuringly in return. The blonde quickened her pace to catch up to Ms. Yang.

When Lisa left the lobby, Bambam's manager entered the building, looking out of breath.

"Oy, manager! What's up?" He raised a thick blonde brow at the chubby man. "Why are you panting? Ow! Ow! OWWWW!!!"

Bambam was caught off-guard when his manager grabbed him by the ear and pulled it upwards.

His manager had the expression of a parent who caught his son doing something bad. "Yah, you brat! What did you do now, huh?!"

"Ow! Aish! Let go!" Bambam scowled and rubbed his poor ear. "What are you talking about?"

"Yah, stop pretending to be innocent." The manager put his hands on his hips. "The order to confiscate your phone asap came from the CEO himself!"

"What?! CEO Namjoon wants my phone confiscated?!" Bambam stood up in complete disbelief. He tried to rake his head for a reason but there was nothing he could think of. "Why?! I really didn't do anything!"

"That's what you always say! No one's gonna fall for that anymore, you troublemaker!" Bambam's manager tried to get a hold of his artist to get the latter's phone but the blonde was quick to get away.

"But it's the truth this time!" Bambam shouted, dodging his manager.

The manager scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Yeah, right. Hand over your phone!"

"Manager," Bambam motioned for his manager to calm down. "Let's talk about this..."

"PHONE. NOW." Bambam's manager growled.

"THE INJUSTICE!"

"QUIT BEING A DRAMA QUEEN!"

The receptionist who saw this scenario stiffled a laugh. Bambam and his manager were always so lively.

Meanwhile, Lisa had question marks written all over her face when she and Ms. Yang passed the door with a sign that read, 'interview area'.

Why weren't they going in there?

Then a thought entered her mind, 'Duh, Lisa! This building is huge. They have plenty of other interview areas.'

Ms. Yang and Lisa stepped inside the elevator. The blonde woman's brows knitted together in confusion when the seemingly stern woman pressed the button to the top floor.

Wasn't the top floor where the boss' office usually was?

Before she could ask Ms. Yang, the elevator's doors opened and the older woman stepped out. Lisa could only follow her. They stopped in front of a polished wooden door. Hanging there was a sign which read, 'KIM NAMJOON' and under it, the words 'Chief Executive Officer'.