Trouble (1)

Lisa stepped inside the luxury shop. As expected, there were only a few people inside because it was still early in the morning and the mall had just opened. Dark brown eyes scanned the store briefly and lit up with satisfaction. From what Lisa could see, the clothing on display were all lovely. There was a good chance she'd find something nice to wear for the party here.

Upon seeing the shop's doors open, one of the salesladies turned to greet the customer who had just walked in but her smile became stiff when her eyes fell on Lisa. The blonde's dress was bland and obviously inexpensive. And so were her shoes.

'Will she even be able to afford the clothes here?' The saleslady pondered whether she should bother assisting Lisa or not.

Worried that Lisa might try to shoplift, the saleslady decided to approach the blonde.

"Hello." Lisa greeted. She noticed how the saleslady's smile faltered.

Lisa had an idea about what was going on inside the woman's head but she didn't care. As long as the saleslady wasn't too rude to her or did something out of line, it was fine.

"Do you need help with anything?" The saleslady asked.

"No, thank you. I'm just looking around."

Lisa's answer seemed to irritate the saleslady.

'Looking around. Psh. You might not even be able to pay for a dress that's on sale!' The saleslady rolled her eyes as she thought this.

Lisa saw that and yet she remained calm. She was surprised that her temper hadn't gotten to her already. Little things like this used to set her off so easily but as of the moment, she didn't feel angry at all. Only slightly annoyed. If it were the old Lisa, she would've put the saleslady in her place then and there!

But Lisa had learned from her past mistakes. Getting angry and having a sudden outburst wouldn't do her any good.

And besides, the saleslady wasn't worth it.

"Are you looking for a dress?" The saleslady asked, not wanting to leave Lisa alone.

Since the saleslady kept hovering around her, Lisa decided to let her do her job.

"Do you have anything that might look good on me?"

"Right this way, ma'am."

The saleslady wanted to make what she thought of the blonde clear and so she purposely led Lisa to the racks at the very back of the shop where everything was on sale and came from seasons one or two years back.

Most women from the upper society would have been offended. The saleslady was obviously hinting that Lisa could not afford clothes unless they were at a reduced price. Lisa caught on but remained expressionless. She did not care if the item was on sale, as long as it looked good.

However, when she took a random dress from the rack and saw it was damaged at the hem, she was disappointed. She took a few other dresses off the rack and each one was damaged in some way. In addition, the styles weren't to her taste and most of the dresses would most definitely not look flattering on her figure either.

This saleslady was really something else. Still, the blonde woman chose to be the bigger person.

"Do you have anything else?" Lisa asked. "Preferably from the latest season and... Not damaged."

The saleslady was unable to control herself. "I'm not sure you would be able to afford it, ma'am."

Lisa cocked her head to the side, wondering why the saleslady had the courage to treat a customer like this. Was their manager not around? Hmm. Most likely.

Another saleslady who had just finished assisting a customer heard what her workmate said and her jaw fell open in disbelief. She had never liked her workmate and she disliked her even more after witnessing how rude she was being to a customer.

She quickly made her way towards Lisa and her co-worker.

"Good morning, maam." She greeted Lisa with a troubled smile.

The rude saleslady rolled her eyes for the second time. She saw another person enter the shop and, without excusing herself, immediately left Lisa in order to assist the new customer.

"I apologize for my co-worker's attitude." The new saleslady said, bowing deeply.

"It's okay..." Lisa paused to read the woman's nametag once she was standing up straight. "Areum."

When Areum saw Lisa smiling at her genuinely, she couldn't help but smile back. She let out a small breath of relief. If it were any other customer, would they be this nice?

"May I ask what you're looking for?"

"I'm in need of a formal dress." Lisa answered.

The nice saleslady nodded and led Lisa to the center of the store.

"These are some of our new arrivals." The kind saleslady said, gesturing to the dresses on display but Lisa didn't have to look at them.

She found her dress.

Her eyes sparkled as they gazed at a thin-strapped dress on one of the nearby mannequins. It was a fitted pale lavender dress made of silky fabric that reached the floor. It looked sexy but not over the top.

Lisa turned to the saleslady and pointed at the dress. "That-"

"You're in luck, maam! That dress is a limited edition piece! The one on display isn't for sale and we only have one left in stock!" Areum said, her face breaking into an ear-splitting grin and hurriedly went to the stock room before Lisa could finish her sentence. This made Lisa let out a small giggle.

'What a lively person.' She thought as she stared at Areum's retreating back.

She sat on one of the posh chairs, patiently waiting for Areum to return.

Meanwhile, the saleslady from earlier was leading the customer she was assisting to the new arrivals section where Lisa was.

The rude saleslady tossed Lisa a dirty look. 'She's just sitting there, taking up space.'

Lisa saw this but, as usual, there was no change in her expression. She looked at the saleslady like the rude woman wasn't worthy of her attention.

This made the saleslady grow even more annoyed at Lisa than she already was. She quickly put on a fake smile and turned to her customer.

"Miss Gong, what do you think of this dress?" She motioned to the pale lavender dress that caught Lisa's eye earlier.

"It's lovely!" The customer replied, her eyes twinkling. "I want to try it on!"

At that moment, Areum came back from the stock room with the last limited edition dress in her arms.

The rude saleslady narrowed her eyes when she saw Areum was about to hand it to Lisa.

The pale lavender dress was snatched away by the rude saleslady before it could reach Lisa's hands.

"Soori-ssi!" Areum was shocked at how her workmate was behaving. She just did whatever she wanted because their manager was not yet here!

Soori, the rude saleslady, turned to Areum. "Yah, Areum. Look at her. Does it look like she'd be able to afford this dress?"

Areum's jaw dropped. She turned to Lisa and kept bowing her head. "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry, Miss."

Lisa placed her hand on Areum's shoulder. "It's not you who should be apologizing to me, Areum-ssi."

The piercing look Lisa gave Soori unnerved the latter but she quickly composed herself. She hmph-ed at Lisa then handed the dress to her customer with a wide smile.

The lady called Ms. Gong took the dress, eyeing Lisa from her head to her toes.

"Miss, I'm a VIP customer." Ms. Gong said it as if it justified what had just happened. "I advise that you look for a dress in a store that won't leave you broke after shopping."

___