35. The date

Human- christina perri

It was the next day apparently me and ness went to sleep while watching the movie the kissing booth for like the fifth time.

I slowly exit out of the bed trying to be careful of waking up nessa and I already smell the breakfast my mom is making downstairs and I'm happy she's doing better, I brush my teeth and start to make my way downstairs.

"Hey mom" I say while entering the kitchen, I go to grab me a cup from the cabinet but then I was stopped.

"Alesia, can we talk" my mom said and I was confused onto why she would want to talk, it made me wonder.

"Yea sure, wassup" I ask and she motions to one of the bar stools which I know the talk means a lot to her because she sat me down.

"What are you going to do after college" my mom asked and I tilt my head and laugh.

" What do you mean I'm gonna start my worldwide businesses and I'm gonna start writing and can't forget acting" I say and try and stand from the stool so I can go get my orange juice but she pulls me back down and I sigh.

"Not that, I mean are you gonna still be doing that fighting and you know murdering people" my mom asks as if she's scared I'll attack her, and put her out of her misery.

"I don't just randomly murder people, how many times do I have to tell you that to get you to understand those people aren't innocent-" I say but was soon cut off, like let me finish so I can fucking eat.

"everyone isn't" my mom said to me in a higher voice.

"I know that, their non innocence is worse, they hurt innocent people mom, innocent little girls, people like you, helplessly oblivious to scammers, no wonder you had to change your credit card so much" I say and she sighs and nods

"I know, I just don't want you a part of that world you know" she says and I scoff.

"Yea me neither, but you weren't helping me cope with anything, not school, not dad, not Connor..you didn't help at all so I had to find my own way and apparently that helped me, scratch that it helped us since you were so depressed you couldn't pay the bills-" I was venting, but was cut off.

"That's enough alright" I turn my head to see my dad and bestfriend standing there and from the look on my dads face I know he said it.

"And what about you, you left us, you left me and mom, and became one of the most feared gang leaders leader, so no that's not enough I busted my ass for the both of you basically, you wouldn't of wanted your precious wife dead of course so I fed her when she wouldn't eat, I payed the lights so it wasn't dark, I payed the water bill so that she could bathe every night, I bought food so she would eat even though I was suffering with anorexia, I bought hygiene stuff so that she wouldn't smell like a fucking pig, because you left her... and me, and y'all are probably saying I'm being extreme but I can't help the way I'm feeling, everyday I get sympathetic looks from my bestfriend, The boy I'm madly in love with, Bryson and Ryan, you know after me and ness had that fight they came after me and not her, not because they like me more, no it's because they fear I'll do something dumb, and I get fearful looks from mom as if I'm a ticking time bomb, and you" I scream all at once but I finally slow down, I stand up and walk over to my father "you look at me as if I'm not here all you look at is your beautiful wife, but guess what I've had it, I'm done with you guys bullshit" I finish and run up the stairs back to my room, I don't slam the door shut because most likely my bestfriend will be up here in a little while.

I start going through my closet looking for something to wear for my date that I don't notice when ness came in.

"Are you good" she asks and I turn around and sigh not really wanting to talk about my feelings at the moment "I mean I can go-" she starts but I stop her.