It Might Be Working

Izuku's POV~

I've been sitting inside this cell for a few hours now. There's nothing inside of it, so I doubt this will be my 'permanent' cell. I use the term permanent loosely, because I know I won't be here long. The others will come for me, it's just a matter of when.

A guard walked in, breaking me from my thoughts. "C'mon, we have people that want to speak with you." He he attacked a chain to the quirk erasing cuffs I was already wearing, and lead me out of my cell like a dog. This is ridiculous. He dragged me back to the interrogation room I was in earlier. No one was in there besides us.

"Sit down, they'll be here in a minute." The guard was stern, but not necessarily unkind. He didn't seem like the typical asshole guard, rather just a man trying to do his job. I respect that.

A few minutes later, the door to the room opened up. I looked up and saw a few of my classmates walk into the room. Uraraka, Iida, Mina and Tsuyu. How cute, they think they can help me, or they just want to yell at me for being a traitor. I'm not even close with Mina, she's probably just here because I took Kirishima and Kaminari from her.

"Hey guys!" I said cheerfully, but I had a sadistic smirk on my face. Who knew being the villain could be so much fun. They all flinched at my greeting, how rude.

"Deku, why? Why'd you do it?" Uraraka asked, looking on the verge of tears. She was clinging to Iida, who had a supportive arm around her back. I didn't miss the glare Tsuyu threw at him. Damn, I might have to get rid of Iida, he's in the way of my ship. Just kidding, I don't plan on killing any of the students, maybe Bakugou, but no one else.

I let out a sigh, dropping my smirk. These redundant questions are getting annoying. "It's not that simple I guess. Part of it is because I really do love Kiri, but the other part is because I actually believe in what the league is doing. The hero's are a joke, frauds. They're in it for the money. Hell, All Might even told me once, I could never be a hero. Besides, I don't want to be a hero as long as people like Bakugou are to. He's nothing but a bully, and no one does anything to stop him. I'm tired of it."

All of my former classmates seemed shocked by my answer, they all probably thought it be something as simple as blood lust. Little do they know, most of the league doesn't want to go around killing innocent people, well maybe Toga.

"Midoriya, that's not true and you know it!" Mina exclaimed.

"But it is true, you're all just to blind to see it. Why are you here anyway? It's not like we were really friends before all this." I asked, genuinely curious as to why she was here.

"I'm here for Kiri and Kami, not you." She seemed offended by my question. Good. Did she miss them? Her friends she thought loved her more than anything else? Tragic. But the use of my nicknames for them, really pushed me off.

"Don't. Call them. That." I gritted out. If she just would have used Kami's nickname, I probably would have been fine with it, but Kiri? That was something only a select few get to say, just like Zuku.

"Excuse me? You're currently in no place to make demands. I mean, look at you! You can barely move, because of all the chains. What does Kiri even see in you? You're worthless, just like Bakugou tried to get us to see all along. Maybe we should have listened to him."

"Mina!" Uraraka looked frantically at her, then back at me. She probably thought I would blow up. Well she's right.

"What. Did I. Say. About. Calling him. That?" I gritted out again. I was slowly pulling at the chains on my wrists, straining them with everything I had. I could feel One For All power up, even with the quirk erasing cuffs. The marks and electricity must have become visible, because I saw the panic in all of their faces. Right before I jumped at her.

I landed on top of Mina, punching her repeatedly. I wasn't using much of One For All, I couldn't. Breaking free of the chains took a lot out of me.

I could feel her hands on me, burning into my skin with her acid, but I couldn't care less. I only got a good three minutes beating her senseless, before I felt something wrap around my waist and throw me into a wall. I looked up and realized Tsuyu threw me with her tongue. Uraraka ran to me and made me float, leaving me stranded on the ceiling. I started thrashing around, at some point I had started to cry.

"LET ME DOWN! I NEED TO~ I NEED TO BEAT HER! I HAVE TO WIN! I HAVE TO BE BETTER THAN HIM! HE CANT SEE ME WEAK LIKE THIS!" I don't even really know what I was saying.

Iida had ran to get the guards, and Uraraka and Tsuyu were by Mina, staring at me with, pity?

"Bakugou really fucked him up."

"Yeah, should we help him? I know he's a villain now, but he's still our friend, or at least he was." Uraraka asked Tsuyu.

"I DONT NEED YOUR FUCKING HELP! I NEED~ I need... I need Kiri." I broke down into even more violent sobs. I curled up into a ball, still floating on the ceiling. I heard a quiet 'release', and then I landed on the ground with a thud.

I felt small arms wrap around me and pull me into a sitting position. "Oh Deku, your not evil. Your just really really broken."

"You think I don't fucking know that?" I mumbled out, my eyes still closed. I had stopped crying, but I was exhausted. I heard the guards and Iida come running in.

"Help her, don't worry about him. Tsu and I have got it under control, I think it might be working." She said quietly. I still heard her, even if she didn't want me to. I know they think they're helping me, they may even be succeeding, but I won't go back to being a hero, not without Kiri.