Maybe That's The Point

Izuku's POV~

It's the day after Aizawa showed up at the bar. Last night was spent mainly just discussing the best plan of action. It honestly shouldn't be that hard to beat All Might, we have the whole league, the entire class of 1-A, and a handful of pros on our side.

"Morning Zuku." I heard Kiri murmur. Right now, it was about eight in the morning. I've been awake for about two hours, just laying in bed and thinking. I felt Kiri wrap his arm around my waist and pull me into his chest.

"Good morning Kiri." I said, turning myself around to face him. He placed a soft kiss on my forehead, followed by another on my lips. It only lasted a few seconds, but I was smiling none the less.

"How long have you been up?" He asked. I buried my head into his chest, not wanting to admit I've been up for a while. "That long, huh?" He said while placing his head on top of mine. I gently nodded. "You could have woken me up you know."

I pulled my head back and looked at him. "Why would I do that? You need sleep just as much as I do. If you were awake every time that I was, neither of us would function properly." I said. He looked at me confused.

"Wait, how much sleep have you been getting?" He asked me concerned. I turned to look away, but he softly moved me to face him again. "Izuku, how much sleep have you been getting?" This time his voice was stern, it almost frightened me, plus he never uses my full name, it's always Zuku.

"I-I don't really know. Some?" My response came out as more of a question than a statement. He moved us so he was sitting up against the head board and I was straddling his waist.

"C'mon Zuku, you need to tell me these kinds of things. How am I supposed to help you, if you don't let me?" He placed his forehead against mine, staring into my eyes. I moved back from him. I could see the hurt on his face.

I don't want him to feel like he needs to fix me. He shouldn't have to. It's my problems, not his.

"I don't need you to help me." I said softly. I was looking down at his chest, not wanting to make eye contact.

"Zuku..." he sounded hurt, but the way he said my name, almost sounded like a warning or plea.

"No." I quickly got off him and scrabbles off the bed. I almost fell off the side, but thankfully I caught myself in time. I looked up at him and saw he moved onto his knees and shifted over to the side of the bed.

"Zuku, what's wrong? Where are you going?" He asked clearly confused. I moved a little closer to him, placing my hands on his shoulders. He just woke up, so he hadn't styled his hair yet. It laid flat on his head.

I absentmindedly weaves my hands into his hair. He was leaning into my touch with his eyes closed. "I shouldn't be some... some toy that you have to fix." I finally said. He snapped his eyes opened and looked into mine.

"Is that what you think?" He asked me softly.

"Yes. How could I not? Isn't it what everyone thinks. I locked myself in my room for days. I cry at the drop of a hat. I can't remember the last time I got more than three hours of sleep. I'm broken, and it's only going to get worse. You don't need to deal with this." I gently moved a strand of hair out of his face. He tried to speak, but I shushed him. "You deserve, so much more than me. You need so much more than me."

"But Zuku~"

"Stop. Just... let me finish, please." I looked up at him, as he hesitantly nodded.

"I can't be what everyone wants or needs me to be. I can't be the same happy, free, innocent kid anymore. Everything in my life is crumbling. Kami... Kami's gone." I choked back a sob. Tears were running down my face. Kiri looked lost, he obviously didn't know what to do. He tried to reach out to me, but I pushed his hand away. "I haven't seen or talked to my mom in weeks. She probably thinks I'm dead now. My dreams of being a hero are gone, destroyed. I... I just can't anymore. My life has completely fallen apart. There's nothing. Nothing left." Throughout this whole speech, I had slowly backed up all the way to the door. My hand found the door knob, I was about to turn when Kiri started talking.

"I'm left."

"What?" I asked. He hadn't talked really loud so I didn't exactly hear him.

"I'm left." He said louder. "I'm still here. You still have me. You still have the league. All of the old class. For the love of god, you even have Bakugou back!" He had gotten up and moved towards me, getting louder as he talked until he was basically shouting. I flinched back from him. "Why? Why are we not good enough for you?" His voice was softer, quieter.

I looked at him, stunned. "You don't get it, so you?" He stayed silent. "That's not it at all! I'm not good enough for you. My entire life is gone. Kami got involved and died. I just want to protect you! All of you! All Might hates me. He wants me dead. You can still get out, you can leave. You can all move to a different country and live normal lives. I want to protect all of you!" I said. I didn't realize I was shouting, or that I had pushed him back. Kiri stood about three feet away from me now.

"We don't need you to protect us! We're all in this now, we're all involved. You think if he sees any of us, he won't kill us? How naive are you?" We we're both pissed off and shouting. Everyone in the bar could probably hear us, but neither of us cared to stop or quiet down.

"I'm not naive! I know he'll kill all of you! That's why you all need to leave! God, what part of this aren't you getting?" I yelled back. I was so frustrated, over everything that's happened, that I don't think I was even mad at him, I was just mad.

"Then what the hell happens to you?! We all leave, Skip town, what the fuck do you do?" He shouted. I honestly don't think I've ever seen him like this.

I didn't respond. I stayed quiet. I know exactly what I'd do once they all got away. And from the look he just got, he knows to.

"No... no, no, no, NO!" I flinched at the last one. Tears had started to build up again. "No way in hell! You can't beat him on your own Izuku! The only reason you even got close was because of Aizawa! Without him you would have died!"

I turned away from him, and opened the door. Right before I walked out I said quietly, "Maybe that's the point."

Then I ran.