The Truth

What the hell am I supposed to say? What am I? Human duh. But they're not going to believe that. I need to get the hell out of here.

I scrambled to my feet but the dizziness and darkness were starting to get to me, looks like Damien noticed because he was up in less than a second supporting my weight on his side. I could hear his voice reprimanding the rest of the team, "That is none of your business." he said curtly like it was no big deal. Did he know who I am or... was?

He led me back to the kitchen and forced a water bottle into my hand and with one word he said:" Drink."

He was being way too calm about this shitshow.

"Why are you so calm about this?" I voiced my concerns.

"I don't forget faces especially ones that are supposed to rule empires with me, Vale. Or do you prefer Alexandria?" my heart was suddenly racing. I was terrified. What if he wasn't the good guy he claimed to be? What if he went after my siblings? What if he decided to help the league? We had only ever met once. How would he remember my face?

I acted before I thought, my hand wrapped around his throat and I forced him to the wall, I couldn't absorb any more energy but I could utilize what I had. My magic reared its ugly head, my veins darkening and my hand heating up like I was made of fire, if I wanted to I could decapitate him right here. I was boiling and my magic was bubbling over inside of me.

"Alright Al Ghul, you get one chance to convince me your the real good guy or your head is coming clean off and no one will be able to stop me. Not the league. Not the Bat and not you." I ground out, not once stopping eye contact.

Everything in me was ready to kill this boy if it meant my family would be safe, my posture was rigid and my muscles tightened enough to be choking him, and with my magic, he knew the risk of not talking his way out of this situation would be his head.

"The league is dead. I killed it. My grandfather is dead. My mother is in the wind. I am no Al Ghul. I am Damien Wayne son of Batman." He spoke in short breaths but his voice was full of pride by the end of his announcement. So I looked into his mind I had enough energy left in me to be able to really see it.

I saw his hardships and burdens. I saw his mother using him to get to his father. I saw years of training and pride in what he was raised to believe, pride in being an al Ghul until he met his father. Then I saw the betrayal he felt when he realized what being the good guy really is when he realized that the league, his only family, were the scum of the earth. I watched him kill and learn remorse. I watched him battle it out with Deathstroke and almost die. I watched him come to love his new family and not know how to show it or know if that was even ok. I saw it all.

He really was like me.

I slowly let him go. My magic rested and my insides stopped boiling.

"Fine. But never call me by that name again. I'm not her. Not anymore."

I was going to walk away but he grabbed my wrist and stopped me. I turned to look at him and saw the look in his eyes, he looked conflicted, like he wanted to trust me with something but couldn't. I nodded at him and internally made a bond with him, we would protect each other. We were the only people in the world who really knew what the other might be going through. We understood each other and maybe we wouldn't have to be lonely anymore.

Instead, he just said
" fine. Oh, and I did not appreciate you poking around in my head. Don't do it again." there was a threat in his voice but I just nodded and let him leave. I wish I hadn't because as soon as he was gone, instead of being left alone, Raven walked in.

"So what the hell are you and how do you know Damien?" Raven asked. Her voice was a stark contrast to her tone, it was cool and calm but her tone screamed that she felt threatened by me. Good. let her fear me.

"I'm a Siphon, demon-girl. And you should be getting a better handle on your friends not worrying about mine." I made a point of not telling her about Damien and mines connection.

"Jaime has control. Damien shouldn't have attacked him like that."

my eyes rolled and I couldn't stop the darkness from seeping into my voice when I replied, "Damien was in control. He tested Jaime and Jaime failed. He can't control the bug, he never will. How are we supposed to trust in a team that can't control themselves? This is no team. This is a failure waiting to happen."

I walked away after saying my piece and drifted to the hallway and eventually to bed. I have absolutely no idea why I was defending him. But in all honesty he revealed a weakness about this team, they were too emotional to see a threat within them and that was dangerous.

I stayed in my room for the rest of the night until Damien knocked on my door. I had just seen him talking to Raven outside and here he was in my room. God knows why.

My brown eyes met his green ones and he simply said, "I apologized to Jaime. And I assure you that your secret is safe with me Vale."

Well that's comforting. And sweet.

Definitely not the longest chapter I've published but I wanted to get something out there. And did you think Damien would recognize her? Anyway thanks for reading ❤️❤️❤️
- chuchi❤️