2.》Beat Them Into Shape《

"These new headquarters are splendid, Stark. Consider me impressed at how quick you were able to find a new place," Thor beamed, looking around the new building like a seven-year old kid who just got taken to Disneyland.

"Oh, thanks. Well, what can I say? I'm-"

"rich. Trust me, we know," Steve butted in, catching up to the pair. Tony rolled his eyes and took off his rose-tinted glasses.

"Ah, the Cap-sicle has arrived," the billionaire muttered. Steve simply chuckled.

"By the way, where's Reindeer Games?" Stark turned his attention to the God of Thunder, who kept tossing Mjolnir in his hand nonchalantly as they walked.

"Waiting there, with the others," Thor replied, earning a nod from Tony.

"Are you sure he's ready, Thor? You think he can handle working with others?", Steve asked wearily. Thor smiled.

"My friend, I would not have brought him back here on Earth if I was not certain he had changed. You have seen how he helped us back in Sokovia," the blonde god spoke almost proudly. 

"I mean no offense, but I can't seem to fully trust him. He IS the God of Mischief, after all," the Captain answered. Thor stopped tossing Mjolnir and his grip tightened around its handle.

Before speaking, the Asgardian prince sighed. "I understand. Loki indeed has a reputation of breaking people's trust. But this time, I believe, he would not break ours."

"Well, Point Break, he's gotta prove to us he has changed.", Tony butted in this time. Thor rolled his eyes at Tony's nickname for him.

"He will. And stop calling me that."

"Sorry to interrupt your small chatter, boys, but they're ready to see you.", Natasha spoke up from behind and walked past them with her hands behind her back, heels clicking loudly against the concrete floor.

"Agent Romanoff...", Steve called out, making the redhead turn around swiftly.

"Any word on Banner?" he ultimately asked. The other two men shifted to look at her as they awaited her response.

Natasha looked down and shook her head before turning around and walking away. The three men already knew the answer to the soldier's question.

The captain sighed, Tony put his rose-tinted glasses back on, and Thor swirled Mjolnir with his wrists. They all exchanged knowing glances and headed to the room where they were to meet the additional members of their team.

Steve opened the door, Tony followed close behind, and Thor was the last to enter. Natasha's focus was on the five individuals scattered in the room.

The new Avengers.

In one corner, Lieutenant Colonel James Rhodes stood dashingly in his Iron Patriot armor.

Next to him, Vision was floating in mid-air and had his back turned, but swiveled around when he heard the sound of the doors opening.

Sam Wilson arrived in his signature metal wings and goggles, almost losing his balance as he landed.

Wanda Maximoff, suspended in the air with red magic being emitted from her fingers, slowly descended until her feet gently touched the floor.

And lastly, Loki Laufeyson sharpened his daggers as his eyes stared right into the skulls of the four beings who had just joined their company.

"Avengers...", Steve trailed off, his big voice echoing throughout the room.

"Today is the day you officially become one of us. From now on, this...", Steve opened his arms. "... is your new home. We are your new family. And family is supposed to look out for each other, not stab them in the back," he added, his eyes lingering a bit on Loki at his last sentence.

The raven-haired god scoffed at him. "Of course, this nitwit would look at me," the Jotun thought to himself.

"We will train four times a week to make sure that we are always in tiptop shape. When duty calls, we must always be ready," he added.

The other four newbies nodded their heads eagerly, but the God of Mischief was beyond bored at Steve's pep talk. Thor noticed this and gave his brother a stern look.

"Train? Are you being serious?" Loki's voice matched Steve's own, effectively ripping all the attention from the super-soldier. Steve huffed as he stared the alien down. Thor shut his eyes in disappointment - of course, Loki had to say something. 

Laufeyson laughed dryly. "What do you take us for - your pathetic soldiers or something? We - or let me correct myself - I..." he trailed off. "... do not need an imbecile of a Midgardian to tell me what and what not to do."

"Yes, you should not fear a Midgardian." Thor retorted, making Loki's eyes land on his blonde brother. "Fear your own father-"

"YOUR father." Loki said through gritted teeth as he pointed his finger at his older sibling. Everyone in the room could feel the sibling rivalry and tension - it was so thick, one had to cut it with a knife.

"Each of you will have your own quarters." Steve continued, breaking the deadly silence that had enveloped the room. "Our common room is the largest room in this facility, which shouldn't be difficult to find-"

"Uh, can I just say something, Cap?", Tony cut Steve off. The ninety-five-year-old just crossed his arms and stepped back. Natasha stifled a laugh.

"Okay, so, welcome to the Avengers - which may or may not include you, Reindeer Games. Depends on how you behave," he said, gesturing to Loki, who rolled his eyes at Tony's pathetic nickname for him.

"That is going to stick.", Loki muttered under his breath.

"To cut the long story short, each of you has already proven to us that you deserve to be on this team. We need you, or rather the world needs us. You're here to live up to your own potential. So... no fuss, no bad behavior, whatnot.", Tony spoke, looking at each and every one of them.

"Always listen to Cap-sicle here, he's like, our leader or something like that.", he added, popping a TicTac in his mouth and patting Steve on the back. The captain just rolled and scoffed at Tony's comment.

"And what am I forgetting - oh, right! Don't cuss in front of the old man. He's old-fashioned like that. If you're gonna leave the facility, make sure to inform any of us, Agent Hill or the one-eyed grumpy old man. Except for you, Laufeyson. You stay here, and only here."

Loki was about to open his mouth to retort once more, but decided to shut it close when Thor began swirling Mjolnir aggressively.

"Anyways, carry on," Tony finished his little speech and exited the room, walking in a rush.

Rhodey chuckled at his best friend's behavior. How typical.

"Alright then," Steve mused, a little embarrassed that he had nothing left to say as he placed his arms on his hips.

"Well, now that that's all settled, follow me," Natasha piped up, turning around to lead the new recruits to their private quarters.

Loki was the last to leave, and of course, Thor  waited for his brother to pass him by.

"So, brother? How is it going so far?", Thor asked enthusiastically, draping an arm over his brother's shoulder. It was as if the tension from a few minutes earlier had totally dissipated - Thor was always such a softie when it came to the younger prince. 

If only the other one felt the same, too.

Loki looked very uncomfortable and shook his brother's arm off but, alas - to no avail.

"You're being overly enthusiastic about nothing, Thor," Loki stated matter-of-factly, rolling his eyes as he continued walking.

Thor smiled even wider, if that was even possible. "Oh, brother. You're gonna love it here."

The raven-haired prince groaned at his brother's words. "I highly doubt that."