21. 》Game Night《

"Yes, Director. I am keeping a close eye on them.", Steve said, leaning against the counter top as he spoke on the phone with his boss.

"And the newbie? Is she causing any trouble?", Fury inquired. The captain's eyes made their way to Kara, who was currently in a circle with the rest of the team as they played Truth or Dare. It was Game Night, as Tony dubbed it, and so far, things were seeming... okay.

The night was too early to tell. So far, they had played Pictionary, Jenga, Uno Cards among others. Vision was impressed at the number of board and card games Tony possessed. "I could not still fathom how you still manage to settle for these types of games."

"What? I'm old-school.", Tony replied nonchalantly as he spun the bottle, it landing on Sam.

"To be honest, sir? No, she isn't. Loki's doing a good job watching her.", the soldier remarked. His eyes shifted to Loki, who was in his usual grumpy mood beside Kara and Wanda, too occupied in his book than in the games they played.

"Huh. That's a first.", Nick added, slight amusement in his tone. "I will check up on you from time to time, Rogers. Make sure to always keep your line on."

"Yes, sir.", Steve uttered, and hang up. His eyes lingered on his teammates for a moment, smiling at how close they were starting to get over the three days that they spent at Tony's resort. He sat back down on his place between Sam and Natasha.

"All right, what did I miss?", the super-soldier asked, getting in a more comfortable position.

"Well, not much. Just learning that Sam once believed unicorns were real.", Tony replied, with caused everyone to burst into laughter yet again. Sam was beet red. "Ah. Hence, the stuffed toy in his duffel bag.", Clint piped up.

"I was six years old, you idiots.", Sam groaned, crossing his arms over his chest. He was unamused to find everyone still laughing. "Can we get back to the game, now? Please? Thank you."

"Okay, sourpuss. Spin the bottle, then.", Natasha teased. Sam grabbed the bottle rather roughly and spun it. "Hold on, what is a sourpuss?", Thor asked, his eyebrows furrowed together. Clint face-palmed. "Oh, brother. Here we go again-"

"Is it a type of animal that has a sour taste when you consume it?", the blonde god inquired further. Natasha was about to reply when Tony interjected. "Indeed it is, Point Break. Sourpusses are quite common actually. One is within us right now." His eyes shifted to Loki, who felt the man's gaze on him.

"Oh, do I amuse you, Stark?", Loki grimaced, setting his book down slightly. Tony shrugged.

The bottle slowed to a halt, with Steve at the end of its mouth.

"Ha! Truth or Dare, Steve?" The captain seemed to think about it for a minute, which got on Loki's nerves yet again.

"By the Norns, it's two choices." Loki whined, loud enough only for the ladies beside him to hear. They both turned their gazes to the raven-haired god, then to each other, fighting the urge to chuckle.

"I think I'd go for dare on this one.", Rogers finally answered, catching Sam off-guard a bit.

"Dammit, I thought he was going for truth.", Sam muttered under his breath. An idea popped up in Tony's head, and his eyes lit up like a Christmas tree.

"Uh-oh. This isn't good.", Rhodey commented. They all watched as Tony crawled his way to where Sam was sitting, and whispered in his ear. When Tony finished, Sam laughed out loud.

"Good one, Tony!", Sam mused, giving the billionaire a high-five. Steve sighed. "Okay, now. What's the dare?"

"Captain America...", Sam trailed off, a huge grin on his face. "... I dare you to say f**k."