33. 》Backfire《

"Where is he?", Kara muttered under her breath, noticeably annoyed about Loki's absence. After she tried on her personalized suit, Tony realized that a few more changes had to be made. With that, the billionaire playfully shooed her out his lab, saying she'll have it when it's done.

"Dammit, Laufeyson!", she cursed, her eyebrows meeting in irritation. She bumped into Clint and Sam, asking them if they had seen the god.

"Uh... no. We just kinda got here, by the way.", Clint responded. Sam shrugged, exchanging looks with the master archer and walking forward. Kara rolled her eyes.

She finally spotted Thor sitting by himself on the couch, drinking what she assumed was soda. He pressed the remote and flicked through the channels, obviously bored.

"Thor!", Kara greeted, approaching him. The blonde god snapped his head in her direction, grinning wide upon meeting gazes with Kara.

"Ah, Lady Kara! Come, join me and watch the VT.", he stated, patting the sofa for her to sit down.

Kara shook her head. "Thor, it's actually TV.", she said, causing Thor to look at the television confused. "Second, have you seen your brother?", she asked. The God of Thunder smiled widely yet again.

"Loki? No, I have not.", he answered. Kara nodded, standing still and eyes frantically searching around for any sign of him. Thor watched her do this.

"Why, do you miss him already?", Thor teased, sipping on his drink. Kara looked at him weirdly. "No, of course not. We were training before Tony called me.", she replied, earning a hum as response.

Kara squinted his eyes at him. "You don't believe me, do you?" Thor shrugged. "Oh, I do. Of course, why would you miss my brother? You two are not together, right?", he added, raising an eyebrow. The brunette sighed.

"Just tell me where he is.", she whined, crossing her arms. "I have told you, I have not seen that fool. Perhaps you would like to ask-"

"Is he with Wanda?", she cut him off, her tone rather harsh.

"What if he is?", Thor challenged, his mouth twitching upwards. It was Kara's turn to shrug. "I don't care. I'm just asking."

"Yeah, of course you are.", the god mocked, shifting his attention to the television screen. Kara let out a heavy sigh.

"No wonder you're brothers.", she whispered, leaving the scene. Kara decided to try his bedroom for a change. Plus, she felt like she needed to shower. She didn't even bother knocking anymore, so familiar was she with her ex-lover's room.

And there he was, sitting down on his bed, his fists balled up. Kara closed the door quietly, tiptoeing to the bathroom. Her right foot was already inside when she heard the shuffling sounds of the bed.

"That director of yours has a mouth on him, doesn't he?", Loki said, still staring at the wall. Kara stopped in her tracks, and slowly turned around to face him.

"Fury? Yeah, I guess he does.", she agreed, studying Loki's face. When he didn't respond, she sat down next to him on his bed. "Why, what happened?"

The god shook his head. "That stupid mortal thinks he has control over me. How pathetic.", he continued, jaw clenching after his statement. Kara stayed silent, not knowing what she could say that could calm him down.

After a few minutes of silence, Loki ultimately glanced at the woman beside him. An idea suddenly popped in his head, and this caused him to take Kara by the wrist and stand up.

"Wait, what are you doing?", she asked, half-worried, half-curious. Loki shot her a determined look.

"Showing them how I am the one in-charge." With that, Loki snapped his fingers. A green light enveloped them both, and Kara felt like that the air was being sucked out of her. She gripped on Loki's arm with her other hand, closing her eyes shut.