30. 》Stress Over Success《

Loki sat peacefully by himself on the couch with a book in his hands. His colleagues were either outside doing some things he could care less of, or strengthening themselves in the training room. For once, the only thing audible in the common room was the sound of turning pages. 

The god knew his moment of solitude was too good to be true, though. 

"Thor, stop.", the younger god muttered, his eyes still fixed on the page he was on. Thor reappeared from behind, rolling his eyes but laughing heartily. 

"Ah, brother. There will be a time when I finally catch you off-guard, mark my words.", the blonde god replied, plopping down on the couch, causing Loki to glare at him.

Thor remained silent after that, looking around and drumming his hands on his lap. He was clearly making noise, noise that apparently Loki couldn't take. 

"What is it?", the God of Mischief eventually asked, closing his book shut and placing it on his lap. Thor snapped his head in his brother's direction, looking at him innocently.

"What? I merely desire to sit here in your company, brother-"

"Save it, Thor. I know you.", Loki cut his older brother off. Thor smiled at this, shifting in his position so he fully faced Loki. 

"So... Lady Kara..." The raven-haired prince scoffed. "She's training with Vision. Is that what you came to bother me for?"

"No, of course not.", the God of Thunder replied, still with that shit-eating grin on his face. "Then what?"

"Why don't you try and woo her, like you did in the old days?", Thor asked, leaning his head on one of his arms. 

"You might be forgetting the fact that she utterly despises me.", Loki responded, cocking an eyebrow. He grabbed his book again and began reading. Thor chuckled. "But you don't, right?"

Loki stayed silent, burying his nose in his book.

"She's still lingering in that twisted mind of yours, admit it.", Thor pushed, studying his brother's features. "I've seen the way you look at her, and her at you."

The younger god glanced at him. "And?"

Thor smiled. "It's the same way Jane and I look at each other." Loki scrunched his nose up in disgust. "Brother, I do not look at her like that-"

"Lady Kara! Hello!", Thor interrupted his brother with his booming voice. Loki immediately looked up in embarrassment. That look was soon replaced with pure perplexity when he didn't catch sight of familiar brown locks. 

"She's not there-" Loki cut himself off upon gaping at his brother, only to see the latter smirking at him. 

"Oh, you don't, do you?", Thor teased, raising an eyebrow. Loki sneered at him. "Shut up."

The blonde prince moved closer and grabbed Loki by his shoulder, squeezing the latter against him. "Loki, if you want to win Kara back, you've got to get rid of that ego of yours."

"You're one to talk.", Loki snapped with gritted teeth. Thor rolled his eyes. "Think about what you did in the past that made Kara fall in love with you. I can say for sure you're not winning her back with you acting like a...", Thor searched for words to say. Loki looked at him confused.

"Like a what?"

"...like an anus." Thor snickered as he continued.

The younger god peered at him, offended. "Did you just compare me to a-"

"Loki, have you seen Kara?", Steve asked, walking in the room. The two princes turned their gazes at him. 

"She's with Vision, Rogers.", Loki answered, sounding obviously uninterested. Steve responded with a curt nod, heading to the direction of the training grounds.