40. 》Just Saying《

"How are the experiments going so far, Dr. Banner?", Werner asked as he walked alongside the doctor.

"Recent tests have shown exceptional results, Mr. Strucker. These new batch of individuals have certainly accepted the Chitauri energies.", Bruce added, his tone sounding quite impressed. Strucker chuckled and patted him on the back. "I have good taste, what can I say?"

"Shut your trap.", a voice interrupted their small talk. Bruce's head whipped around to gaze at a strapped-down Fury, sitting on a chair with numerous gashes on his face. Werner merely rolled his eyes and faced the director. "Ah, Nick. You kiss your mother with that mouth?"

Nick greeted his teeth. "Do not talk about my mother."

Werner laughed. "Aw, did I hit a soft spot there? I'm sorry. I didn't know you were a momma's boy." Bruce stayed silent, looking as confused as ever. Fury stared into the doctor's eyes pleadingly, knowing he was still in there somewhere.

"What did you do to Dr. Banner?", Fury asked, glaring at the HYDRA agent. Werner shrugged, grinning wickedly towards Bruce's direction. "I must say, I've shown him what HYDRA can offer him." With that, he held up a vial of purple liquid. Strucker stared at it like it was some precious gem. "A cure to his... condition."

Nick blinked in disbelief, to which Werner snickered at. "Surprised? I'm sure SHIELD did their best, though." The one-eyed director looked straight into Bruce's eyes. "Dr. Banner, you've got to listen to me. Helping him won't cure you-"

The sound of skin hitting skin echoed through the walls of the confinement they were in. Nick was stunned at the slap, but couldn't rub his cheek due to being restrained by nylon ropes.

"Wow, that felt good!", Strucker remarked, cracking his knuckles. "One more word from you, it'll be my fist colliding with your jaw, Fury."

The director spat on Strucker's foot, a deadly expression on his face. "Try me, you piece of sh*t."

The HYDRA agent smirked at this, snapping his fingers. In a few seconds, a group of muscular thugs entered the room, some even armed with weapons. "All right then. Bruce, you're gonna love this."

-x-

"WHAT THE F**K IS GOING ON HERE!", Kara's shriek could be heard even from outside of the building. Her cheeks were fuming red, and her eyes practically bulged out of her head.

The sight that bothered her? Steve and Loki strangling each other on the floor, both with bruises threatening to form and small cuts on their handsome faces. The glass table nearby was shattered into a million pieces, the magazines were spread out and crumpled, the couch was turned over.

It was a mess.

At the sound of her voice, the two men froze in their position. Kara looked at Tony, Thor and Rhodey with incredulity. "SO YOU THREE WERE JUST WATCHING THEM THE ENTIRE TIME?"

Tony gulped. "In my defense, it's been a while since there's been any action around here-" He was cut off by a throw pillow hitting him smack on the face. "Ouch."

"And you?", she asked, pointing at the God of Thunder. "You're okay with your brother being strangled like this?" Thor shrugged. "It's nothing Loki can't handle, Kara."

"Yeah, they're just... play-fighting.", Rhodey added, causing Tony to face-palm. Kara scoffed, shaking her head vigorously. "YOU CALL THIS F**KING PLAYING?!"

"Darling...", Loki trailed off, brushing the shards of glass from his Asgardian clothes. Kara held up her index finger to prevent him from speaking. "Don't darling me, you idiot!"

'Oohs' were heard nearby, causing Kara to swiftly turn around and glare at the trio. They immediately shut up at her intimidating gaze.

Kara's eyes then flickered from Loki to Steve. The captain slowly rose from his position, clutching his arm in his other hand and wincing slightly. He wiped the blood that dripped from his nose.