[3]

"Oh Jungkook you've done a brilliant job." Jangmi was standing in the middle of the large marble floored hall that was ready for the aniversary.
"I'm glad you like it mum." He said standing behind her in his suit already.
"Guests should start arriving anytime soon." Byungwoo appeared from one of the back room, cigar between his lips, he walked over to his family and place his hands on Jangmi's waist.

"Jungkook!!" All three of them turned around, surprised. The only people there were the workers, and they were to call him 'sir' or 'mister jeon.'

"Sorry I got here so early, there was this annoying comparing all the paintings to Picasso, obviously not that knowledgeable in art, only artist she knew apparently." Seokjin came rolling in a table with many cocktails and eccentric food plates.

"Jin- you didn't have to bring all this!" Jungkook rushed over and hugged him.

"Yes, every party needs a touch of Kim Seokjin." He said hugging back.

"I agree." Jangmi said from behind the two, Jin pulled away and hugged her.

Jungkook's parents and Seokjin and Namjoon got along incredibly well. Jangmi would drag Byungwoo out on a Saturday night to go to Jin's cocktail bar whilst Byungwoo and Namjoon smoked cigars together in the back room.

"Byungwoo, how are you?" Namjoon followed behind his boyfriend, hands in his suit pockets. Byungwoo nodded and nodded laughing along to whatever Namjoon said.

//

Most of the guests had already arrived and all had a glass of some sort in hand. Jungkook was now talking to Yoongi, Jimin and Baekhyun. Hoseok and Chanyeol both had to come later because of work.

"I'm telling you guys, it's the hugest struggle, Chanyeol wants to get married before kids, but I don't even want to get married!!" Baekhyun complained, sipping at the flute of champagne he had between his fingers.

"I swear you used to want to get married and not have kids." Yoongi mumbled looking into his own flute.

"Oh yeah- that was until I started working with kids and Chanyeol wanting to have a big thing where the TV comes and shit. I mean being in love with one the best players in Korea is great most of the time but I'd rather not."

"Understandable." Jimin said with a small head tilt. "Ah, our poor Jungkook, the only singleton in our group. I'm telling you, you need to get with Wonho."
Baekhyun's mouth fell open.

"Wonho? As in the Wonho you showed me pics of??"  Jimin nodded. "Omg yes, Jungkook you'd be so good together!!"
Jungkook simply shook his head in response.

"Jungkook!"

He turned around at the of his father's voice. Who came walking over followed by a familiar looking couple.

"I want you meet Taehyung's parents, Jaegeun and Boyoung Kim." Jungkook's eyes widened, almost popping out of his skull. His friends behind him having basically the same reaction.

"N-nice to meet you." He uttered out, leaning out his hand to shake theirs.
"So you studied with Taehyung?" Boyoung said, the grip on Jungkook's hand firm and confident, Jungkook nodded.

"I'm sorry he's late he only just got back from work earlier, he'll come later." Jaegeun added with a warm smile.

"If he's too tired he shouldn't come, we can see each other some other time."

"Oh no he'll come he wa-"

"Jaegeun !!" Jangmi ran up to her in the most professional fashion she could and hugged her. Now all the older adults distracted, Jungkook took the opportunity and scuttled off.

As soon as they were far enough they all let out loud sigh as if they had to cut off their breathing while escaping.
Jungkook immediately reached out to a server walking around with a platter of cocktail glasses.
The waiter looked at Jungkook with a terrified look on his and before he could even ask Jungkook was downing the 12 glasses of strong alcohol, one after the other.

There was a pause when he put the last glass down and a long, unbreakable, eye contact between the server and Jungkook. Soon enough Jungkook stood back up straight and patted the server's back.
"Go ask Jin for his strongest alcohol." He said putting his hand over his mouth to cover up a small burp.

He turned back to his friends who all looked at him with wide eyes.

"Jungkook, drinking won't make anything better.." Jimin said leaning over to place a reassuring hand on the youngest's shoulder.
Yoongi almost immediately slapped his arm away and glared at Jimin.
"Right now it probably will, I'll drink with you Jungkook!!"

Jungkook grinned and gave Yoongi a high five.
The server was on his way back with a glass of shot glasses.
Jimin shook his head at the sight of him coming, luckily the others were too caught up in there conversation to see.
That just a few metres behind him, at the door way, stood Kim Taehyung, right next to Wonho, Chanyeol and Hoseok.

Jimin suddenly understood the need to drink, and rushed to grab the tray from the server and bringing it over to the boys, Jin and Namjoon had now joined them.

"Woohoo alcohol!!" Jimin said through a forced laugh. Jungkook clapped excitedly and had almost immediately downed half of the shot glasses.
Yoongi had a quarter.
The others had a shot each.

There was the sound of a bell informing the guests that it was time to sit at their designated tables to eat.
So everyone made their way over.

"We have a code V" Jimin leaned over to Seokjin's ear who immediately stopped and looked down at the shorter male. Jimin nodded as if it were a signal for Seokjin to look around. And then there he was, looking around himself.
And it was obvious who he was on the lookout for. Seokjin quickly went over and grabbed Jungkook's arm, dragging him to their table and sitting him down.

Jungkook by now was incredibly tipsy, and so was Yoongi, but he grew calmer when drunk.
Jungkook slurred and his head drooped and everything made him giggle.

//

It was now time for desert, and just before the desert, each member of the Jeon family had to make a speech. As they thought it would be too much pressure on Jungkook, his parents decided that this year they'd be the only ones with a speech.

They all sat through the speeches, Jungkook slumped in his seat staring down at his 7th champagne glass of the meal.

"Jimin, I need to pee.." he leaned over to his friend sat next to him, paying attention to the speech. Jimin glared at him lightly.
"Wait till the end of the speech."
"But I really need it!"
"Then go!!" Jimin whisper shouted, causing the youngest to pout.

He got up and managed to leave the room without drawing too much attention to himself.
He walked down the dim lit corridor to the loo.

He stumbled out of the small room hitting the light switch the bathroom going dark.
Music and chattering could be heard from the other side of the wall indicating that the speeches were over.
Jungkook closed the door and tried his best to stand straight, the alcohol really affecting him now.

The hallway one needed to walk down to get to the party hall wasn't as well lit as the rest and for someone as  drunk as Jungkook, basically impossible to walk down.
Jungkook squinted.
There was a silhouette against a wall.
A human silhouette.

"Ah fuck. I knew we shouldn't have hired this old ass mansion, there's fucking ghosts. Ok Jungkook it's fine if you stay still." He muttered to himself, trying his hardest to stay still.

The silhouette moved, it's head turning to Jungkook. Leaning away from the wall now and taking a step towards the other.
"Jungkook."
It wasn't a ghost.
Jungkook would recognize that voice anywhere, that deep, warming voice that he loved still.
"Taehyung?"