CHAPTER THREE

After a few classes were over, it was Lunchtime, and Emilia ended up joining Liam," You know, you don't have to do this for me Liam" She said

He rolled his eyes since she continued to say those words since their first class. He didn't actually find it annoying, but rather adorable-though he kept outing himself as just being silly for the idea," And I told you I will-so stop complaining"

"Well aren't you a lady's man" Emilia teased as she followed him to a table, where Mason was. When she saw him, she felt her chest hurt, since he was probably the only person in school she knew the longest.

"Hey, Mase! This is Emilia, she's new here" Liam introduced her as she waved to Mason, who was in fact, her childhood best friend.

"Hey there, Mason Hewitt" he grinned as he motioned for her to sit at the table, and she obliged. She fought back her tears, as the reality of her situation was really sitting in.

She was truly forgotten.

"Emilia Crooke" She forced a smile reaching out to his hand shaking it.

Mason smiled and then leaned forward "Honestly, didn't expect new people to even dare move into Beacon Hills, considering all the interesting rumours people tend to make out of the town"

"I've only heard some things, but my-uh-parents thought it was a good place to be"

It was the truth-her parents had really thought Beacon Hills was the place for them-but turned out to be the worse after they were killed when Emilia was only five years old. It was a hard time for her especially since she didn't know any other werewolves-until she met Satomi who practically raised her.

Liam looked at her for a moment, furrowing his brow, at the strange feelings he was having towards her. He tried to detect anything if she was lying considering she was supposedly Theo's relative, so it was only natural he'd find Emilia as someone suspicious, but he had nothing.

She was purely innocent.

"Hey Mil, I see you found people to sit with" Theo said as he walked over to the table, making Mason's face drop

"Now my lunch is ruined-What exactly are you doing here? Aren't you too old for school?" Mason pestered in annoyance but Theo just rolled his eyes

"I never got to finish school-and it's never too late" He retorted back as he sat next to Emilia putting an arm over her shoulder," Careful now, Mil here is protective of me, and she has a nasty bite if you do"

Emilia snapped her head giving him a 'wtf' look, at what he was doing," Bite?" Mason asked a little scared

Theo spoke up," Yeah, my Mil here is a werewolf, so careful not to anger her"

"You are?" Liam asked as she turned to him

"Oh, uh, yeah, I was born one" Emilia said softly

"Nice! My best friend is a werewolf, my boyfriend is a chimaera, and now my new friend is also a werewolf! Awesome!" Mason laughed and Emilia smiled, remembering that he had a similar reaction when she and Liam told him before-though, at the time, the roles for Emilia and Liam was switched.

"What about me?" Theo asked and Mason glared at him

"You are no one," He said blankly only making Theo chuckle not at all hurt at those words

"Funny"

"Hey, Babe" A female came over, kissing Liam's cheek, it was Hayden.

Emilia looked at Theo confused and the arm he had around her tightened, he confirmed he was also confused, on what was going on.

Hayden looked up and had a scowl on her face seeing, Theo," What the hell are you doing here?" She spat and then eyed Emilia suspiciously.

Emilia glowered discreetly making a small growl and she didn't know why she found herself being protective of Theo, but she disliked Hayden.

She used to be friends with the girl, but since Emilia found out how Hayden tried to sabotage her relationship, their friendship went down the drain.

Liam and Hayden looked at her both surprised at her reaction.

Theo noticed her anger and saw her eyes glow, and he covered it, but the three had already seen it.

Her eyes, that were blue, meaning she was a werewolf, that had taken an innocent life. He noticed, the uneasiness brimming from the three, and he pulled Emilia out of the table, leaving the three in shock.

They had knowledge at the eye colour, and now that they saw Emilia's eyes, since not knowing who she was anymore, would make her someone they would be cautious of.