CHAPTER FOURTEEN

"There had to be a reason, right?" Liam spoke up after the long silence, unlike the rest of them-excluding Brett and Lori, he was sure that there was much more to the story then what the rest assumed

Emilia looked down and nodded her head," My parents were a part of the plan from the beginning-the entire time, we were running from my grandfather, it turned out that they led him here specifically"

Scott leaned on the table and licked his lips trying to calm himself-he's never felt so infuriated in a while, and hearing her own story-was awakening an instinct inside him. The instinct he gets whenever someone in his pack was overwhelmed with emotions.

"They wanted to use me as a pawn knowing my grandfather wanted me as his next of kin, on becoming an Alpha because my parents were not worthy enough"

"Then they wanted to kill you but their plans didn't work out, after finding out that you didn't have the red eyes." Lydia uttered out making Emilia look at her along with everyone else," It's not easy having to hear it a second time" the Strawberry Blonde closed her eyes for a moment and looked at her.

Emilia tightened her crossed arms as she let out a soft wail the moment Lydia walked over instantly wrapping her own arms around the smaller female. "I knew something was not right," Lydia spoke up still holding Emilia in her arms. She turned her head to Scott and Malia," I knew we couldn't leave yet"

"So, it's all true then" Scott let out a breath," If Lydia remembers, I'm sure it'll be a matter of time that we will as well" He reassured the pack, looking at each of them.

Emilia who was still being held by Lydia furrowed her brows pushing out of the hug, slightly startling the older female who looked at her confused. The reason she did such a thing, was because she had caught Theo's scent-or more so the scent of his blood.

"Emilia?" Lydia asked slowly

Said female scrunched her nose and her eyes fell to the ground of the clinic, there was no actual physical evidence but the faint smell was there-she was sure of it "I can smell Theo's blood"

"I don't" Malia answered her

"It's really faint" Emilia peered her head up and walked over to the drawers-she silently apologized to Deaton for just rummaging through his belongings, but she needed to confirm if she was right.

Once she found the medical toolkit, she quickly opened it and let out a breath-this time the rest of the werewolves caught the strong scent of blood that stained the scalpel

"He was here just a few hours ago" Emilia craned her head up," I can smell his anxiety"

"Yeah" Malia scrunched her nose in distaste," I can't believe I couldn't even catch it earlier"

"It happens Malia" Scott pat her back

"I know it does-but it's still annoying" She grumbled to herself