CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

Emilia looked at the male before her up and down, like he was a piece of artwork-or something along those lines

Emilia looked at the male before her up and down, like he was a piece of artwork-or something along those lines. She couldn't believe it, and despite being told by multiple people-she still thought her eyes were deceiving her.

"Your boyfriend is going to kill me the longer you stare, Emilia" Brett places his hands on his hips," And honestly, I just escaped death, I don't need him knocking on my door again"

"I have so many questions, but I just can't ask them" Emilia muttered as she folded her arms.

"Well, I'm here, in the flesh" He waved his hands," Seriously, please stop looking at me like that, Liam might really throw his Lacrosse stick to me"

She sat on the bleachers with him following her actions," I'm sorry, I couldn't save her..." she said under her breath and Brett reached over flicking her nose," Enough of that, okay? I deal with Kaytlyn constantly telling me the same thing-She still blames herself"

"I was there, Brett, I could have avoided it"

"What were Lori's last words?" Brett asked making her look at him

"It's not your fault"

"Then there you have it. I still feel shit for not being there for her, but I'm going to get Revenge-I'm going to find Monroe and her hunters, and make them wished they paid for taking the life of Lori and my pack"

"Normally people would say-revenge is not the answer, but all I'm going to tell you is to stay safe. Please don't get yourself killed out there"

"Not a chance" He motioned his hand dismissingly," I'm not doing it to die, I'm doing it to live"

"I'm sorry I can't join you on your mission. I'm officially out of the game"

Brett bumped his shoulder on her," Oh yeah, I heard about that-How are you taking being fully human?"

"Still adjusting, but I'm enjoying it each day. I do miss it, but not enough to want them back-by the way, have you heard from Jiang and Tierney?"

"Yeah I did, they both have been following your female friend-saying they owe her their lives and whatnot"

"Oh, man Theo probably hates it" Emilia chuckled at the thought

"No, he enjoys it actually-he uses them to do his errands"

"Wow-okay, that is definitely something that moron would do"

"I didn't want to ask, but why aren't you on the field?" Brett nudged his head

Emilia's eyes fell to the field and lifted her arm," That gunshot damaged some of my nerves, so I can't hold my stick properly"

Brett winced at her answer and placed an arm over her shoulder "Sorry to hear that"

"It's fine, really-I actually have gotten used to coaching them on the side. Corey improved with just my words; over the drills we did"

He chuckled and ruffled her hair "Just as long as your happy Emmy. I just wanted to see you before I leave"

"Seriously, stay safe out there" Emilia wrapped her arms around Brett

"You too, I can't believe you decided to stay in this town after all the crap that happened"

"Still a decision in progress, but honestly-I think my life is tied to this town, I hated it from day one, but in the end-I found myself not being able to part with it"

"Whatever makes you happy, makes Liam happy"

"Yeah, I know" Emilia mumbled as she said her final goodbyes to him.

Once he left, she walked down to the field and sat on the team bench. It was too soon, for her to say that everything was okay because she knew that as long as Monroe is out there-peace and quiet was far from their lives.

Though she knew one thing, Monroe was not going to win.

She may have hunters-but she doesn't have what they have-a family that would continue to fight. They were not disposable nor were they monsters. They were the protectors, from the corrupt mind that Monroe had brewing inside her head.

She can stand on the top for now, but she was never going to get her victory. She was going to end up like how most of their enemies did-regretting they ever messed with Scott McCall and his comrades.