CHAPTER SIXTEEN

"Brett, I swear to the gods, if you don't have a legitimate reason for waking me so damn early, I will really think about ruining that pretty face of yours" Emilia spoke through a tired voice sprawled on her sad excuse of a makeshift bed

"Good morning to you too, and thanks for stating the obvious about my pretty face" Brett said sarcastically," It's already 6am, and besides I thought I'd tell you that if you don't come to school today-I'll tell Liam and the others that your staying inside a shit hole"

Emilia sat up and turned her head letting out a threatening growl," You promised you wouldn't"

"I did, but I'm still pissed at myself" He looked around the shed wincing," That I'm even letting you continue to stay here"

"It's safe" She argued and he shook his head sighing

"It's hardly livable" He made a face looking at her bed," Why can't you just stay with Lori and I?"

"I love you two, but I can't live with either of you-remember what happened when we tried that?" She stood up fixing her clothes

"It's only until Liam gets his memory back so that you can go back to living with him and his family" Brett stated making her narrow her gaze at him.

"What? His step-dad and Mom absolutely adore you-and once they get their memories back, how much do you want to bet that they'll hire people to track you down"

Emilia looked at him trying to comment back but she knew he was right. David and Jenna were both dedicated on making sure she was under the best care-especially since they were her legal guardians, thanks to Sheriff Stilinski.

"Okay, why are you here?" She gave up and Brett grinned at her in victory

"Well, Liam asked me to help in his drills-he wants to try and find any freshmeat that'll make first-line"

"Okay? So, what does this have to do with me?" She crossed her arms

"You know technically you are still a part of his team-and once he gets his memories back, he's going to spend endless nights lecturing you on missing practices"

"If he gets his memories back-

"He is going to get his memories back, so shut up and get a spare change of clothes because, I need someone else besides Liam who will actually make today bearable"

"I never had time to get gear, Brett"

"I got you covered" He smirked walking out of the shed," Now let's go before I really have to rely on my blackmail"

"Did I ever tell you that you're an asshole?" She complained while grabbing her sportswear.

"You never miss the chance" He responded from outside

"And yet you somehow find it to boost your ego" She claimed walking out to Brett who had a smirk plastered on his face," Now I just want to punch you"

"Save it for the field Crooke" He joked patting her shoulder

"Oh, I will-because I know as much as the next person that your going to make Liam lose his mind today"

"He asked for help"

"Which will only last for a few minutes until you have him wanting to rip your head off"

"Why do you assume I'll get that far?" He asked and she stopped turning to him

"Look me in the eye and tell me that you'll hold hands and skip across the field and act like teammates"

He made a face and gagged "I almost threw up"

"My point exactly"