CHAPTER THIRTY

Liam and Emilia flew back after both being punched in their guts by both of the separate Anuk-Ite's

Liam and Emilia flew back after both being punched in their guts by both of the separate Anuk-Ite's. As they both tried to recover from the hit, all they could hear was a beastly scream.

They shared looks as the noise stopped but before they could advance forward, they were suddenly pulled back and fell out of the Library.

"Wha-"

Lydia huffed and looked at them," We have to run!!" She stated with her voice cracking. They did as she said and Liam furrowed his brows as they ran behind her," What are you doing? Quinn and Aaron merged, - we have to stop them"

"Yeah, we could have handled it Lyds" Emilia added

"You can't," The older female said execrably, "You can't look at it, if you do, it'll kill you"

A short while, after Lydia explained it more, when walking the halls, the three of them stopped in the middle of the hall to two figures on the ground. Lydia walked over kneeling down touching one of the statues

"How do we fight something we can't look at?" Liam asked slowly as he eyed the hunters

"I have no idea" The older female stood up standing next to the young couple.

"Great, we are dealing with Medusa" Emilia folded her arms and furrowed her brows

"We have to learn to fight without our eyes" A voice filled the halls behind them, it reveals to be Scott and Malia walking in tow," Fight without seeing, that means...

"Deucalion" Scott, Lydia and Emilia said in sync.

It was not what they expected when Scott told each of them to go home and rest-as much as they didn't want to separate knowing the enemy was still out there, but they all knew that they needed the time to rejuvenate.

Liam and Emilia went straight to the shed that she was staying in. They both didn't want to drag David and Jenna into the mess, and the possibility of them getting hurt was high.

The hunters were getting desperate-Monroe and Gerard were getting desperate.

And now that the Anuk-Ite was merged-word will get out that their weapons are nothing against the being.

Liam eyed the shed as Emilia walked in," I can't believe you lived here"

"It's not home, but it's a roof over my head" She shrugged her shoulder pulling off her hoodie. She grimaced at how she smelled of the dried blood and sweat. Liam walked over to her wrapping his arm around her stomach, having her face him.