CHAPTER NINETEEN

"Do you want the hunter to know we're here too?" Malia stopped Lori from howling to let Brett know that they were near

Emilia held the arrow examining it-and while she wanted to think hunter was an amateur, something inside was telling her it was far from it.

"He's new we can take him" Liam spoke up making Scott look at him along with the others except for Emilia who was still examining the arrow.

"What if Brett howls back? It'll lead the hunter right to him" Malia tried to persuade them

"No, we can find him first" Scott stepped forward," There is no human that can track sound faster than we can and we got the advantage-we done this before, we know what we're doing guys"

Liam reached over gesturing the arrow from Emilia's hand which she handed over to him," How come I can't catch his scent?" Malia asked looking at the arrow and sniffed around

"He's masking it" Lori explained

"Really well" Emilia added

"Can someone tell him not to?" Malia said in annoyance-though before anyone could reply Liam had turned and let out a breath," He went this way!" He shouted making Lori run after him.

"His trap didn't work" Malia looked at Scott

"Maybe this hunter is not just an amateur"

"Then maybe he's learning"

"It's not just one hunter" Emilia claimed making the two older werewolves look at her uncertainly

"What makes you say that?" Scott questioned her

"Because I know Brett-" She folded her arms," He's lingering around trying to warn us" She told them turning and running after the other two.

Malia and Scott shared looks and let out hesitant breathe at her words, and quickly followed after not saying anything more.

A moment later reaching the end of the trail Brett left, they were all left stood sharing looks.

"His trails gone," Malia said exasperatedly

"Uh-maybe he just stopped bleeding" Scott tried to reassure her but it was even hard for himself to believe.

"I-I think we should split up" Liam gestured his hand," Lori, Emilia and I go one way and you two the other"

"Or maybe we go in five directions?" Lori suggested

"We should stick together" Malia folded her arms-after what Emilia had told her and Scott, she was now left to really thinking that there were more hunters involved.

Liam sighed and persisted "We have the advantage-It's five against one"

"Not if we split up" The werecoyote challenged

"I been doing this, the past three months without your help-I think I can make a decision," Liam said confidently.

Emilia muted them off as she turned her head looking around their surroundings and her eyes stopped on the ground making her walk over to the clue Brett left.

"There's another" Scott muttered

"Two of them?" Malia whined then looked at Emilia," Emilia was right"

"Maybe more" The Alpha added

"How many hunters have you seen out here before?" Lori hesitantly asked

Scott fell silent licking his lips looking down "A lot"

Malia furrowed her brows and looked at Liam "Still want to split up?"

"We can deal with it-We just need to find Brett's trail"

"No need" Emilia spoke up making them turn to her as she stood up moving to the side and Lori let out a breath at her discovery

"Yeah, we don't," The younger werewolf said in relief

"Rock balancing" Emilia explained "Satomi taught us"

Lori grinned looking at the others," It's him-and I know where he's going"